• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash #139 CGC 4.5, TTA #6 & 22 CGC, more Marvel pre-hero added

18 posts in this topic

I've got quite a few undercopies to list, starting with this one. I'll try to get to the others, mostly pre-hero Marvels, over the next few days.

Shipping is included in the list price in the US. International buyers are welcome, and will pay any postage costs minus $10 US. International postage must be trackable.

Nobody on any naughty list is welcome to buy.

Payments via Paypal, money orders, or checks (which will need to clear if I don't know you) are acceptable.

Returns are welcome. Shipping is on you if it is a CGC book, or if there is a simple disagreement on a raw book. If I missed something material on a raw book then return shipping is on me.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I purchased this book already graded, so I do not know its pre-slabbing history. Offers via PM are always welcome.

Flash #139 CGC 4.5 OW-W (Intro Reverse Flash) -- asking $395 $375 shipped in the US

Flash139CGC45.jpg

Flash139CGC45bc.jpg

Figured I might as well list a couple of other books I already had scans for...

Tales to Astonish #6 CGC 6.5 OW (Slight C-1) -- asking $345 shipped in the US

I bought this book raw from Tomorrow's Treasures back before I found these boards and had heard anything about his proclivities. The book is really stunning, and I decided to sub it even though I was expecting a purple label. The restoration notation says "small amount of glue on spine of cover" and that is all. No trim, no color touch. This is a really unforgiving cover to be this clean. I recently upgraded to a blue label 6.0 or I'd be keeping this one, and frankly this copy is more attractive than the blue label by a fair bit. This explains the fairly aggressive price, which is still less than 70% of what I paid on the blue 6.0.

TTA06CGCa.jpg

TTA06CGCabc.jpg

Tales to Astonish #22 CGC 4.0 OW-W -- asking $75 $69 shipped in the US

One of the more difficult books from this title to find in any grade.

TTA22CGC40.jpg

TTA22CGC40bc.jpg

I found a few raw Flash books to add to the thread:

#127 – VG, light spine wear, minor creases to cover along edge, very light 2” crease across Grodd’s left arm and thigh, water spot to lower cover at bottom of spine, cover and centerfold attached at both staples. Asking $45 shipped in US.

Flash127.jpg

Flash127bc.jpg

#131 – G/VG, solid book with cover and centerfold well attached at both staples and light wear. Main issue is moderate foxing to front and back covers and stamps to front cover. Asking $15 shipped in the US.

Flash131.jpg

Flash131bc.jpg

#132 – G, moderate wear, chipping to spine and edge of cover, small piece out of back cover at upper spine, spine split at bottom spine, small tape pull to Flash’s boot in center of cover, but complete and cover and centerfold are attached at both staples. Asking $10 shipped in the US.

Flash132.jpg

Flash132bc.jpg

:news:Take these three Flash books for $60 shipped in the US.

Flash #147 (second Reverse Flash) Fine -- asking $49 shipped in the US SOLD

Solid book, main issue is that the centerfold is detached at the lower staple, but is still holding at upper. Cover is firmly attached. Staples have darkened somewhat, but have not rusted. Light wear to front and back covers.

Flash147.jpg

Flash147bc.jpg

Superboy #149 VF -- asking $36 shipped in the US

Former CGC 8.5 but looks more like a VF to me so I'll go conservative on the grade. I bought the book to get an Al Plastino SS before I found out that he wasn't a fan of SS generally, so I never got it signed. It has a Neal Adams cover, so it could still become a SS book if you would like. The original CGC label will come with the book, and I cracked it myself.

Superboy149.jpg

Superboy149bc.jpg

Tales to Astonish #20 VG/VG+ -- asking $79 shipped in the US

Solid copy with light wear, may make Fine minus for some (I'm trying to be conservative). Top edge looks like a subscription crease, but that only breaks color for maybe an inch before turning into a NCB bend. Cover and centerfold are attached at both staples.

TTA20.jpg

TTA20bc.jpg

Still looking to close out the thread tonight or tomorrow morning, but I got two more books scanned and thought I would add them in just in case.

TTA #31 F-/F -- asking $89 shipped in the US

Solid copy all around, creasing being the main defects.

TTA31.jpg

TTA31bc.jpg

Tales of Suspense #36 Fine (Big Apple Copy) -- asking $110 shipped in the US

Purchased from Worldwide, and it came with a certificate. Very solid copy structurally, main defect is the dust shadowing. Light chipping and pre-chipping on the right edge of the front cover.

TOS36BA.jpg

TOS36BAbc.jpg

Nice Pre heroes. Tightly graded :sumo:

If I didn't have em I'd be snagging them.

:blush: Thanks!

Will let this ride a bit longer, then close it out later today. Invoices on the couple of purchases so far have been sent out.