• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Modern Comic Grail?
2 2

323 posts in this topic

I like how it has 'Only 1 copy exists' on the label! (thumbs u MLP:FIM is IDW's biggest sellers to date as well. :grin:

You paid $6,572.50 for that...??!!!! Woowzers.

The proceeds of that sale went to charity.

-J.

Right you are my friend! (thumbs u

It's not a modern book, but close enough. I waited for 6 years for CGC to finally grade a 9.8 of this book, and by the time they did, I think the first copy sold for like $3K. I got this one instead, and now I can rest. :)

9D112FB5-98F4-4476-9FBB-D03CFCD4DD75.jpg

Always loved this cover and that's just a beautiful copy, perfect wrap. Congrats!

It's not a modern book, but close enough. I waited for 6 years for CGC to finally grade a 9.8 of this book, and by the time they did, I think the first copy sold for like $3K. I got this one instead, and now I can rest. :)

WOW! That is F'N awesome! (worship)

WOW! That is F'N awesome! (worship)

Thanks, guys. I feel like I climbed Everest with this book. Now I have to figure out where to go from here.

Was lucky to get mine the other week a wolverine 102.5 in condition that gives me a chance of 9.8 (I put pictures up in guess the grade thread last week) and that comic is so hard to find without spine ticks

I haven't been as excited about books this year as recent years, but I was happy to get the new Tokyo Ghost #1 RRP from the Baltimore Con. The book also had a B&W exclusive at NYCC.

Probably not a "Grail," but it's the first book I was excited to acquire in awhile.

Granted... I only collect Image :)

Nothing crazy but big books for me recently were a bunch of Grant Morrison ss dscott did for me at sdcc and nycc, highlights include batman 655 reg and variant, 666, and an invisibles 1 which is super high up there for me, and a bunch of others.

And not modern but love and rockets 1 9.4 :luhv from the great seanfingh

Still waiting on my batman 608 rrp... One day you will be mine, oh yes, you will be mine

Bravo Dungeon! I wasn't aware a 9.9 existed. That is one truly impressive book.

Yeah, just the one. Knowing how tough it is to get 9.9's, its age, and the major condition issues that plague the book, I'm surprised there is one, too. I have it on the wall like Jabba had frozen Han.

That UXM 510 JSC White/Sketch is getting further and further from my reach. That's probably going to be the bane of my existence for the next decade or 3 until I finally find one at a reasonable price. I got a feeling that'll be the last book I get to finish my UXM complete (including variants/reprints) collection.