• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Modern Comic Grail?
2 2

323 posts in this topic

Don't have a scan handy, but I'm pretty fond of my Darkchylde/The Legacy 1 with the Jim Lee glow in the dark variant. GOD BLESS...

-jmbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'd love to see a pic of that. :baiting:

..... I figured I was the last person on Earth who didn't have one.... but I'll get one up by the weekend..... was case diving at the LCS and it just really grabbed me..... plus Judy also loved it.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... t still glows in the dark.... and you know I had to check.....

Wow, you can tell this book came out before the "tombing craze". Only 11 graded.

...... here it is......just a blurry photo. How would I find this in the guide..... nothing under "Darkchylde The Legacy" matches this cover..... GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DARKCHYLDE%20LEGACY.jpg

I got one of my 2 last week... I snagged a raw copy of ASM Presents Black Cat #1 JSC variant for $160... And it's a strong 9.8 candidate... Now to wait till I can get it signed and slabbed... Next up is the Turner Bats/Sups German Supergirl variant...

Hey guys! :hi:

You open to selling that Ultimate Comics #1 Sketch Variant? :whistle:

Jerome

Hey Jerome the 8.5 sold for $2700

ULTIMATE%20MILES_zpssf9e3afm.png

Only 5 out there three 9.8s, one 9.2 and a 8.5. Good luck hunting!

Miles%20Census_zpsmu1u2q2k.jpg

What's the word on that book ? Definitely under 100 copies printed, right ?

-J.

The book came out in 2011 and only 5 surfaced. I still say under 10. If people had the book and they see the rate that it is being sold for more would have came to light.

Careful ....that kind of talk will rile up the self appointed "experts" into their boilerplate lecture about how there are really at least 2000 copies of it out there in a warehouse or under somebody's desk somewhere. Because that's evidently what publishers only like to do- needlessly print variants in the thousands only to store the vast bulk of them in super secret undisclosed locations until the time comes that they decide to essentially give them away years/decades later at pennies on the dollar. :eyeroll:

But seriously, cool book. Miles is not my thing but I dig the rarity of that book you have there. (thumbs u

-J.