• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Modern Comic Grail?
2 2

323 posts in this topic

How many Stars Wars Vader Down 1:5000 are out there?

There's already 16 graded. There's probably at least 50-100 of them out there. I just read on recalledcomics that some of the Miles sketch book were given out at conventions to fans so there's very likely more than 10 of those, but certainly less than 100 as well.

I love these crazy variants. :cloud9:

-J.

This one ranks up there for me. As a Valiant and Divinity fan, I really enjoy having such a high grade copy of an already rare book. Even better since it's the first appearance of VEI's first unique character.

(ignore the scanner lines in the center)

uzgcZiS.jpg

This was a grail for me for a long time. It seemed like whenever it came up for sale, I couldn't swing the money or when I had the money it was nowhere to be found, I did pick it up eventually. Angel: After The Fall #1 Brian and Carrie Lynch Wedding Variant:

AngelATFWedding_zps41a438d8.jpg

I know its not a big deal but I would love to get my hands on a White Ranger variant cover of Power Rangers #0! Was lucky enough to at least score the Green Ranger cover. Now just hoping to get it signed at Wizard World by JDF! Cant wait! Not really excited for anything Marvel or DC is doing at the moment and Im tired of seeing Deadpool on every variant cover!

Did this degrade into a "Comics I want/Comics I have acquired" thread?

Because a lot of those comics don't feel like "Holy Grails". In fact a few, I think Comics To Astonish (one of my LCS) has on their display wall.

If there's a comic I want but don't have, it's most likely because I can't afford it. Not that I have to go on a soul reaping pilgrimage or scour several hundred comic book shows to find it.

Now that I think about it; I have been looking for another Hellboy: The Wild Hunt #1 variant cover (1/1000). It's been over a year since one popped-up on ebay. So, I sort of feel like King Pellinore trying to hunt to the questing beast. In fact - more copies of the "ultra rare" The Fury virgin cover (150 copies?) have come and gone on ebay in the past year. But I already have 5 copies off Wild Hunt 1B, so even this I don't really feel is a Holy Grail.

963947.jpg

-Terry

GO GO GO GO

Well.. If youre still looking for this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hellboy-The-Wild-Hunt-DH-100-Special-Edition-1-1000-Variant-Cover-EXTREMELY-RARE-/201501415678?hash=item2eea6b98fe:g:hKUAAOSwaA5Wk9P~

Because a lot of those comics don't feel like "Holy Grails". In fact a few, I think Comics To Astonish (one of my LCS) has on their display wall.

If there's a comic I want but don't have, it's most likely because I can't afford it. Not that I have to go on a soul reaping pilgrimage or scour several hundred comic book shows to find it.

Now that I think about it; I have been looking for another Hellboy: The Wild Hunt #1 variant cover (1/1000). It's been over a year since one popped-up on ebay. So, I sort of feel like King Pellinore trying to hunt to the questing beast. In fact - more copies of the "ultra rare" The Fury virgin cover (150 copies?) have come and gone on ebay in the past year. But I already have 5 copies off Wild Hunt 1B, so even this I don't really feel is a Holy Grail.

963947.jpg

-Terry

GO GO GO GO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hellboy-The-Wild-Hunt-DH-100-Special-Edition-1-1000-Variant-Cover-EXTREMELY-RARE-/201501415678?hash=item2eea6b98fe:g:hKUAAOSwaA5Wk9P~

2 sold and more than 10 available... hm

963947.jpg

-Terry

GO GO GO GO

But.. but,,,

Its 1 in a 1000 lol

963947.jpg

-Terry

GO GO GO GO

But.. but,,,

Its 1 in a 1000 lol

lol

1 IN 1,000 VS.. 1 OF 1,000. What a difference that makes, eh? 3 sold now it looks like :o

Jerome

963947.jpg

-Terry

GO GO GO GO

But.. but,,,

Its 1 in a 1000 lol

lol

1 IN 1,000 VS.. 1 OF 1,000. What a difference that makes, eh? 3 sold now it looks like :o

Jerome

He'll sell one in 1,000 days

Bone #1 CGC 9.4 - This is the biggest modern that I own and will probably ever own. Does anyone think that the animated series rumor is true? I'm really hoping to see Smith follow through with this. On a side note, does anyone think that Simpsons or Futurama comics will ever be worth something? I wish the show fanbase would pick up the books.