• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Modern Comic Grail?
2 2

323 posts in this topic

Bone #1 > Batman Adventures #12 Newsstand > TWD #1 Black Label

> Harbinger #1 :frustrated: > Evil Ernie #1

:cloud9:

I couldn't just pick one. :D

So true, so hard to pick one. Outside of Harbinger we have the same few on our lists. I'd just throw in a Goon #1. Well, and a few others. Also, I swear if that Evil Ernie #2 on eBay triggers my #1 alert once more I'm gonna snap. Not really, but the brief excitement is very over shadowed by the let down.

Love this thread already. Great books on here!

Bone #1 > Batman Adventures #12 Newsstand > TWD #1 Black Label

> Harbinger #1 :frustrated: > Evil Ernie #1

:cloud9:

I couldn't just pick one. :D

So true, so hard to pick one. Outside of Harbinger we have the same few on our lists. I'd just throw in a Goon #1. Well, and a few others. Also, I swear if that Evil Ernie #2 on eBay triggers my #1 alert once more I'm gonna snap. Not really, but the brief excitement is very over shadowed by the let down.

Love this thread already. Great books on here!

My problem is I already own all my modern grails,the only one left is Bone #1 (shrug)

I'm not sure why I don't have it still..... it isn't really a grail (not sure if I could consider any modern a grail type book)...

Superman/Batman #1 RRP (2003)

I loved this series and was bummed when it ended at #87.

Curious why you can't consider a modern a grail?

ASM 667 Dell'Otto Variant

Batman 608 Retailer Incentive (I had one and sold it, I wish I had a time machine!)

X-Men 510 Campbell Sketch Variant

Danger Girl 2 Ruby Red Smoking Gun Variant

Walking Dead 1 (also had this too but like the 608, sold it to pay off my student loan debt)

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I want my grail so damn bad! That book was sold on these boards by Dre. I just have a hard time paying a $5k kicker for that book.

If there is only 100 copies of that book. I think 5k is a reasonable deal. It is likely it will go for alot more auction style if one popped up.

I'm not sure why I don't have it still..... it isn't really a grail (not sure if I could consider any modern a grail type book)...

I think that I probably feel that way because I prefer to collect older stuff.

I read a lot of new titles and love some of them, but they're just new books to me....none of them feel anywhere near as special as an older book (to me).

When I think about a "grail"....I'm thinking Detective Comics #38 or Whiz #2 or something else along those lines. A first appearance of a long time/well established character.

Not meaning to sound like I'm knocking any new books though.....I love comics in general! Whatever floats your boat is what you should go after!

I think that I probably feel that way because I prefer to collect older stuff.

I read a lot of new titles and love some of them, but they're just new books to me....none of them feel anywhere near as special as an older book (to me).

When I think about a "grail"....I'm thinking Detective Comics #38 or Whiz #2 or something else along those lines. A first appearance of a long time/well established character.

Not meaning to sound like I'm knocking any new books though.....I love comics in general! Whatever floats your boat is what you should go after!

Right on. I was just curious. Alot of people felt the same way about copper stuff back then. Now those books are not exactly "new" anymore.

I will say this thread is interesting since alot of what people consider their modern grails is all over the place.

Manifest Destiny #1 cgc 9.8 LBCC, finally got one courtesy of Court AKAjjeanius.

I waited and waited until I was finally able to snatch one up on the cheap off Court's ebay store in an auction.

I have another Modern grail I'm pursuing but I'm reticent to share that info currently while I hunt one down.

Manifest Destiny #1 cgc 9.8 LBCC, finally got one courtesy of Court AKAjjeanius.

I waited and waited until I was finally able to snatch one up on the cheap off Court's ebay store in an auction.

I have another Modern grail I'm pursuing but I'm reticent to share that info currently while I hunt one down.

come on just share :baiting:

come on just share :baiting:

:kidaround: