• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just blocked my first Ebayer - Had to happen some time

11 posts in this topic

Well, not a very exciting story, except this individual reached out to me offering to purchase a couple of my books at a discounted rate.

After a number of back and forth emails we came to an agreement and he asked me to take the books down to adjust the pricing which I did, he would purchase the books tomorrow afternoon when I put them up again at the agreed upon price.

I received a message from him a few hours later, thanking me for agreeing to his price, but he was backing out of the deal. :censored::frustrated:

Although he was polite about it, I thought it was really poor form on his end to do this, so he has summarily been blocked (not that he probably cares)

And this is why I prefer selling on this forum over any other in the market.

Rant over, have a good night all.

Cheers

Jason

The exact same thing happened to me a few days ago. Maybe I'm too laid-back ... I just shrugged and said "ok".

Quick question: When you block someone, are they notified somehow?

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have no idea as this is the first time I blocked anyone. I have actually had more challenging experiences than this with a few ebayers over the last 15 years, but this experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

I suspect the user is not notified.

Jason

Well, not a very exciting story, except this individual reached out to me offering to purchase a couple of my books at a discounted rate.

After a number of back and forth emails we came to an agreement and he asked me to take the books down to adjust the pricing which I did, he would purchase the books tomorrow afternoon when I put them up again at the agreed upon price.

I received a message from him a few hours later, thanking me for agreeing to his price, but he was backing out of the deal. :censored::frustrated:

Although he was polite about it, I thought it was really poor form on his end to do this, so he has summarily been blocked (not that he probably cares)

And this is why I prefer selling on this forum over any other in the market.

Rant over, have a good night all.

Cheers

Jason

I wonder if this is the same person I've been dealing with the last few days. He made an offer via ebay message and I accepted. Sent him an offical offer at the price he wanted, but no purchase. After the offer expired, he messages me again with another offer that's $10 less than the previous offer. I said no thanks and no more deals below my asking price.

The only way blocked users can find out if they are blocked is by attempting to bid on one of your listings, or if they try and contact you through eBay messages...if so it tells them the buyer has decided they are not allowed to bid on any of their items or contact them.

Sorry that happened...been there before, frustrating but comes with the territory.

been there too and it is annoying. They deserve being blocked and perhaps your move will get them to stop being such a twit in the future (doubtful).

Whatever you do-- don't reply to them when they send a message in the future about "why did you block me?" -- just delete the message and move on.

I had this woman who whined about everything from needing something right away for a gift-- getting me to jump through hoops to set up the agreed deal-- then she whined about the shipping cost on top of that. At some point she just rubbed me the wrong way and I told her forget it-- she wasn't worth the hassle. She sent me about 5 more messages explaining how she was such a great person. I replied that she was manipulative and she went nuts. People really think she is a great person.

My opinion was not as glowing.