• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Appearance of The Power Rangers?
1 1

108 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Hezi said:

If they appeared in manga prior to traditional American comics then would their manga appearance count as their official first appearance?

I dont know of any MMPR Manga so not sure. I know I don't consider super sentai 2 as their first appearance. It was more of a magazine about the show and not a comic. The FOTL is an actual comic book format story and art.

1 hour ago, jdennis3 said:

I dont know of any MMPR Manga so not sure. I know I don't consider super sentai 2 as their first appearance. It was more of a magazine about the show and not a comic. The FOTL is an actual comic book format story and art.

I wish there was a clear definitive answer in what is their first appearance. I’m confident that power rangers are going to see a TMNT esque push within the next 5ish years and it would be nice to know what books to put money into 

The manga appearance isn't them.

Power Rangers is a weird one - the American series used already filmed footage from a Japanese show which did appear in a Manga and I believe Key Collector calls it the first appearance.

These are not the same characters since the power rangers were created for the American audience so there shouldn't be any manga appearances predating the underwear issue.

On 1/23/2019 at 7:12 PM, gradejunky said:

1st appearance Power Rangers.....lol

As far as comics were concerned, but it's still very fascinated how Star Wars magazines/comics have received such a stark increase in prices - it does make me wonder of the Real Ghostbuster books in that respect, regarding franchises being resurrected as such ~

2 hours ago, jdennis3 said:

I say no, the FOTL mini comic is for me. Sentai 2 is more like a magazine and all live action photos.

Sentai is based of the Japanese show that was made by Marvel. It was around in the 70's & 80's. It wasn't until '93 that Saban adapted it for US viewers. I would say Sentai is a much Power Rangers as much as the Tales of Suspense "prototypes" are the 1st of all those Marvel characters.