• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VALERIAN starring Clive Owen, Cara Delavingne (2017)

47 posts in this topic

I got to see it as a pre-screen before Valerian even came out to General theaters. Maybe because the movie was free to me I enjoyed it... I didn't go into it with any expectations because I thought it wouldn't be my style but in the end I thought it was a good watch.

I also got to see Atomic blonde in a pre-screening viewing. I noticed there's not a thread started for that so since I'm on pre-screening topic I'll mention it. It's different kind of punk rock themed with music included. But again because it's free to me it was a good watch. It was kind of hard to follow at first but then you get in the swing of things...

I forgot to mention, they handed out a Valerian T-shirt at the prescreening after the show, and people enjoyed the movie enough to be fighting over those lol I got a "large" it doesn't fit, so in the closet as a momento it goes :) 

Atomic Blonde gave out lip-balm/chapstick with Atomic Blonde on it lol how punkish :shy:

Valerian & the City of a Thousand Planets Sets Release Date in China

Variety reports that Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets has managed to pull in an extra $25 million across 16 international markets, including France, and the movie has now been confirmed to release in China on August 25. Valerian will be among the first foreign movies (non-Chinese) to release in China following the conclusion of the country’s annual summer blackout period for non-Chinese made productions, which usually allows for local films to thrive in an otherwise crowded market of Hollywood blockbusters.

Lucy (2014) with Scarlett Johansson looks to have been Luc Besson's largest monster hit over the years. Though his earlier movies were successful.

E4mEMjT.jpg

It's a shame to see how Valerian is turning out.

for me, it had to come down to marketing I ask some of my coworkers if they plan to watch valerian and they all told me no because they had no clue what the movie was about besides looking amazing.

Just got back from the theatre viewing this film. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had everything I expected from a summer sci-fi movie: over the top visuals, subpar acting, cheeseball one-liners, the works.

I totally view this as Fifth Element 2.0. If you enjoyed that movie, you'll love this one. Go into this movie for what it is. A summer sci-fi movie with high visuals &  effects, and an entertaining space adventure.

On 7/29/2017 at 5:11 PM, DTM700 said:

Just got back from the theatre viewing this film. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had everything I expected from a summer sci-fi movie.

fyi, the 2 main young actors will both be in 'Tulip Fever' with Alikja Vikander (sp?), a movie about Dutch tulip mania and portrait painting.