• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MARVEL'S MOST WANTED on ABC (2016?)

32 posts in this topic

‘Marvel’s Most Wanted’ Gets Conflicting Reports

The fate of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff Marvel’s Most Wanted is somewhat fuzzier. The show would star agents Bobbi Morse (Adrianne Palicki) and Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) going off on their own adventures. THR claims that the show “has been cooling and some say it’s not considered the lock it once was.” However, Variety says the show “isn’t quite a lock, but has a very good chance of going to series.”

I thought this was a done deal, and the show was moving forward?

(shrug)

Marvels Most Wanted Gets Conflicting Reports

The fate of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff Marvels Most Wanted is somewhat fuzzier. The show would star agents Bobbi Morse (Adrianne Palicki) and Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) going off on their own adventures. THR claims that the show has been cooling and some say its not considered the lock it once was. However, Variety says the show isnt quite a lock, but has a very good chance of going to series.

I thought this was a done deal, and the show was moving forward?

(shrug)

I think everything will always be pretty fluid until shooting starts...there's potential scheduling issues, maybe a certain writer or other actor/actress who was important has other issues, maybe MCU creative has a better show to push to the forefront, could be anything, maybe they're negotiating a limited (like Agent Carter) vs a full series like AOS.

Marvel's Most Wanted is dead too. ABC went on a rampage tonight, killed one of the shows ive been working on too, The Family.

I read about that yesterday.

ABC Not Moving Forward With Marvel's Most Wanted

ABC has decided not to pick up the Marvel's Agents of SHIELD spin-off, Marvel's Most Wanted. The show was to star Adrianne Palecki and Nick Blood and follow the duo on covert operations as Mockingbird and Lance Hunter.

Mockingingbird and Lance Hunter had an emotional goodbye this season on SHIELD leading many to hope the show would get picked up. Oded Fehr, Delroy Lindo, and Fernanda Andrade were also set to co-star in the Paul Zbyszewski written drama.

Following the news of Agent Carter's cancellation, this now leaves ABC with just one Marvel show on the network. We've yet to hear anything on Marvel's Damage Control, but chances are that's being held until a later date. Also being developed is a Cloak And Dagger show that was announced earlier this year for ABC's Freeform channel.

I hope it doesn't also impact Cloak & Dagger, though on a sub-channel.

Fans Petition ABC To Watch Marvel's Most Wanted Pilot

The petition's main point (created by Dominic Ryland-Jones) is how much time and investment went into developing the two characters of Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) and Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird (Adrianne Palicki), all done so they could eventually star in their own spinoff. The two were written out of the main show in season 3 for that specific purpose, which is now for nothing since ABC passed on the show.

"It was thus with great disappointment that fans around the world heard the announcement that after reviewing the pilot, ABC had yet again passed on the series, and that all the hard work put into the new spin-off had gone to waste. So it turned out that two of the most beloved characters from "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." had been written out of the show... for nothing."

He has a point there, and the series was internally developed by ABC for quite some time. Still, I don't think the studio would agree with his overall request.

"Therefore, this petition is specifically directed to new ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey and president of Disney/ABC Television Ben Sherwood to ask them to re-consider their repeated decision to pass on Marvel's "Most Wanted" and to, at the very least, decide to air the finished pilot episode on television - simply to see what the reaction from fans is. To a greater or lesser extent, we all know how television companies work, but surely it should be down to the fans themselves to decide whether or not a new Marvel Television show is worth broadcasting or not? After all, we are the ones who will be viewing your channel to watch it."

Maybe not 'Most Wanted', but 'Moderately Wanted'