• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

Next, Looney Tunes 63, 66, and 76... which were the last three I needed to give me everything from #50 up.  21 issues to go:

891CAD62-9862-4510-8D48-9FB8C1472EF3.jpeg

CACB6FBE-1706-46C3-9999-2251088433C3.jpeg

3BD17932-3F63-411A-A457-0BDE8979B00F.jpeg

:applause:Cool additions and copies( and always happy to see this Thread bumped). 

I cherry pick most of the run, but as far as consecutive blocks go, I'd like to have 1 to 20 complete one day ( not too far from that). Just a matter of the 'right' copy.

The 'right' #76 for me is out there, thats a special cover in my opinion because I can't call to mind any other golden age Hockey themed covers. 

On 8/11/2018 at 7:41 PM, sagii said:

:applause:Cool additions and copies( and always happy to see this Thread bumped). 

I cherry pick most of the run, but as far as consecutive blocks go, I'd like to have 1 to 20 complete one day ( not too far from that). Just a matter of the 'right' copy.

The 'right' #76 for me is out there, thats a special cover in my opinion because I can't call to mind any other golden age Hockey themed covers. 

There must be a few others, but none come to mind for me either.

That is super exciting! One of my favorite movies as a kid was Space Jam. It honestly is what sparked my interest in the Looney Tunes back then. I need to finish flipping through this thread and finding all the first appearances of the characters that appeared there. I know Merrie Melodies #1 is it for most characters, but there is more research for me to do!

Edited by DisneyDevotee

36 minutes ago, DisneyDevotee said:

That is super exciting! One of my favorite movies as a kid was Space Jam. It honestly is what sparked my interest in the Looney Tunes back then. I need to finish flipping through this thread and finding all the first appearances of the characters that appeared there. I know Merrie Melodies #1 is it for most characters, but there is more research for me to do!

Dive in my friend, dive in. In my line of work, i met a lot of 20 somethings whose introduction to this iconic franchise was 'Space Jam'. How fitting, a little over 20 years later, a new generation will be introduced to them also. I'm a little 'ahem' older, my first encounter was in the late 70's when Bugs and Friends were still a staple on the Saturday morning cartoon circuit 

Over 80 years later!!!!!!!! - (Porky debuted in 1935) and still going strong. I have seen these characters licensed on just about any type of commodity one can imagine. I believe only Mickey and Co, DC comics heroes, and Marvel super heroes(if you count Subby and Captain America) can boast such a relevant, long continuous marketing shelf life. It's to be celebrated!

PM me with any inquiries and enjoy the Thread. (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, sagii said:

Dive in my friend, dive in. In my line of work, i met a lot of 20 somethings whose introduction to this iconic franchise was 'Space Jam'. How fitting, a little over 20 years later, a new generation will be introduced to them also. I'm a little 'ahem' older, my first encounter was in the late 70's when Bugs and Friends were still a staple on the Saturday morning cartoon circuit 

Over 80 years later!!!!!!!! - (Porky debuted in 1935) and still going strong. I have seen these characters licensed on just about any type of commodity one can imagine. I believe only Mickey and Co, DC comics heroes, and Marvel super heroes(if you count Subby and Captain America) can boast such a relevant, long continuous marketing shelf life. It's to be celebrated!

PM me with any inquiries and enjoy the Thread. (thumbsu

Thank you very much! I saw Space Jam fairly young, and from then on I was in love with the characters. I watched tons of Boomerang following that. Jetsons, Flintstones, Looney Tunes, Smurfs, you name it. Old cartoons are my favorite! Hence the two boards I really follow are the Disney Ducks and Looney Tunes boards xD 

3 minutes ago, DisneyDevotee said:

Thank you very much! I saw Space Jam fairly young, and from then on I was in love with the characters. I watched tons of Boomerang following that. Jetsons, Flintstones, Looney Tunes, Smurfs, you name it. Old cartoons are my favorite! Hence the two boards I really follow are the Disney Ducks and Looney Tunes boards xD 

Two great Threads to follow! 

Old cartoons do rock! Love me some Tom and Jerry who had a lot of the same out and out mad cap and humorous( if violent at times) brilliance of the Looney Tunes. A lot of in jokes i only caught as an adult. The Flintstones are a national treasure. Scooby Doo is always in some update to this day! And Mickey Mouse is a Titan! Great stuff!

On 10/31/2018 at 10:13 PM, Eddie Powe said:

So is Bugs Bunny's Christmas Funnies # 7 Speedy Gonzales' first comic appearances. From what I have seen, that appears to be the case, but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure. 

It's the only reported claim, so my guess would be it's accurate. The Road Runner and Coyote also bowed in a BBCF comic, the very next edition actually. 

Won this cool cross collectible on eBay recently. 

From Wikipedia: SS Catalina, also known as The Great White Steamer, was a 301-foot steamship built in 1924 that provided passenger service on the 26-mile passage between Los Angeles and Santa Catalina Island from 1924 to 1975. According to the Steamship Historical Society of America, Catalina has carried more passengers than any other vessel anywhere. From August 25, 1942 until April 22, 1946 the ship served as the Army troop ferry U.S. Army FS-99 at the San Francisco Port of Embarkationtransporting more than 800,000 troops and other military personnel between embarkation camps and the departure piers. After a period of service as a floating discothèque, the ship ran aground on a sandbar in Ensenada Harbor in 1997 and partially sank on the spot. It was scrapped in 2009.[4]

SS Catalina Bugs Bunny Pin.jpg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Picked this up last Sunday. Part of a toy but a cool part!

73E1ABB5-6506-47E0-A34E-8888DFDF2A37.jpeg

B28D6B4F-E255-4146-8342-DA61D510246F.jpeg

Thanks RM! Wow, and yes, from your neck of the woods! You're to thank (blame hm) for my adding pin backs to my collectibles in recent years. 

And that Porky Toy is cool anyway you can get it! :headbang:

8 minutes ago, sagii said:

Thanks RM! Wow, and yes, from your neck of the woods! You're to thank (blame hm) for my adding pin backs to my collectibles in recent years. 

And that Porky Toy is cool anyway you can get it! :headbang:

Is it a part of a toy that you have? Do you know what it is from? Looks late '40's or early '50's to me.