• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

A cheap pickup at my LCS's FCBD sale.  I may need to track down a better copy; I really like the colors on the cover of this one:

FC_0355.jpg

Beauty! Love the cover, one of the Bugs standouts.:headbang:

Found at my LCS today.  Will, sadly, be one of the last books I ever buy from that store as they're closing.  But they're going out on their own terms; we've known for 2-3 years that they would be closing within 5 years as the owner retires, the question was exactly when:

FC_0407.jpg

18 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Found at my LCS today.  Will, sadly, be one of the last books I ever buy from that store as they're closing.  But they're going out on their own terms; we've known for 2-3 years that they would be closing within 5 years as the owner retires, the question was exactly when:

FC_0407.jpg

Sorry to hear about the shop, but cool find, :applause:

and an about time :bump:

Page six? Outrageous!

:bump:

Won this on HA last night. Tied with Daffy Duck # 27 ('61) as 1st Comic book appearance of Pepe Le Pew (but that series was a Quarterly publication, so i'm giving this one the duke on that front as being a monthly it may have beat DD to stands by a mere week or more). 

Now to get CGC to note this on the label after a resubmit...

Looney Tunes #240.jpg

Edited by sagii

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:07 PM, MrBedrock said:

looneytunes09.jpg

One year when I was visiting Leonard Brown at Collectors Bookstore, I told him I had decided to get a run of LTMM #1-10.  He laughed and said he had multiples of every issue but not one in high grade.  We went in the vault and checked them all, but there was nothing above Fine so I passed.  He said he couldn't remember ever having seen a high grade copy of any of the first ten issues or he would have pulled it for his collection.  Ricky's book is the nicest one I have ever seen--a true rarity.