• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

Man. Hard to believe it was 25 years ago i walked into the original 14th St Forbidden Planet shop in NYC and bought this coffee table book. Bugs is now 75. Thought i'd share it and some interiors filled with all kinds of 'Looney Toonary'. Did i just coin a phrase? :D

IMG_1297_zpsfgsaz76l.jpg

IMG_1299_zpswce1v7b3.jpg

IMG_1302_zpsjm1u3sq0.jpg

IMG_1301_zpstjpggfuz.jpg

IMG_1300_zpskbzvpcot.jpg

Man. Hard to believe it was 25 years ago i walked into the original 14th St Forbidden Planet shop in NYC and bought this coffee table book. Bugs is now 75. Thought i'd share it and some interiors filled with all kinds of 'Looney Toonary'. Did i just coin a phrase? :D

IMG_1297_zpsfgsaz76l.jpg

IMG_1299_zpswce1v7b3.jpg

IMG_1302_zpsjm1u3sq0.jpg

IMG_1301_zpstjpggfuz.jpg

IMG_1300_zpskbzvpcot.jpg

:applause::applause::applause:

Thanks for sharing!

mm

IMG_1300_zpskbzvpcot.jpg

Let me clarify part of that one for people:

LTMM20_zpsh4hr43gp.jpg

A nice issue, with two stories by Walt Kelly.

Picked this up over 10 years ago for my grandchildren.

:applause: Love it MM

This cover showcases just how many household name stars the Warner Studio turned out. Incredible.

Thanks for posting (thumbs u

I've got one of those too:

LT20.jpg

It goes nicely with the other LT war bonds/patriotic covers:

LT10.jpg

LT_33.jpg

LT_45.jpg

:applause: Thanks for posting Andrew. Believe it or not,the only War cover issue i don't have is LT&MM #18 (Bugs Marine's cover). I had a mid low grade copy, but saw Metro had a 8.0 a while back, so sold my copy. Had an opportunity to buy another book, so put off buying the LTMM, thinking, they're not as hotly contested as the Disney's so it'll be there next week. Looked for it the following week, and 'Bam!", it was gone! :cry:

The War covers tend to be hot sellers.

Hi Gold Guys! I rarely venture into this area of comics because of my lack of knowledge in the area. I decorated my infant's room in Bugs Bunny and would like to add a few framed comics of first appearances of well known characters. So far all I have is the first appearance of the original Hunny Bunny and an issue of Bugs in a western outfit.

Any suggestions on some key issues / first appearances? Google has not helped me that well. Thanks in advance!

It's great your kid will be growing up with Bugs. He is a great philosopher and role model for young people. Here are a couple early appearances:

Bugs Bunny All Pictures Comics - A Tall Comic Book. All B+W comics. Supposedly reprints Bugs first appearance from LT 1. Easy to find cheap, for now!

Famous Gang Book of Comics - Not first appearances but pretty tough to find early giveaway with an all star cover

157394.jpg.dc13deb355b2987c99e4452ba4357310.jpg

157395.jpg.b5b7d1a761e679fb12136cffe8f34c0a.jpg

157396.jpg.d34ab6eec291f5d7868fbc08cb3279ea.jpg

157397.jpg.f9569176ba28b3833f5c611c803c6725.jpg

Hi Gold Guys! I rarely venture into this area of comics because of my lack of knowledge in the area. I decorated my infant's room in Bugs Bunny and would like to add a few framed comics of first appearances of well known characters. So far all I have is the first appearance of the original Hunny Bunny and an issue of Bugs in a western outfit.

Any suggestions on some key issues / first appearances? Google has not helped me that well. Thanks in advance!

It's great your kid will be growing up with Bugs. He is a great philosopher and role model for young people. Here are a couple early appearances:

Bugs Bunny All Pictures Comics - A Tall Comic Book. All B+W comics. Supposedly reprints Bugs first appearance from LT 1. Easy to find cheap, for now!

Famous Gang Book of Comics - Not first appearances but pretty tough to find early giveaway with an all star cover

Boot, I thought I had seen it all in regard to LT comics: I have NEVER seen the Famous Gang before. :golfclap::golfclap:

Thanks for planting a new obsession in my mind :cry:

Gotta find one!!!

I've got one of those too:

LT20.jpg

It goes nicely with the other LT war bonds/patriotic covers:

LT10.jpg

LT_33.jpg

LT_45.jpg

You've got one too? Well, I've got two, too! So here's my 2nd copy for giggles:

LTMM20b_zpsszzzmyd7.jpg

And a few more wartime covers for fun:

LTMM06_zpsot7c5w8f.jpg

LTMM18_zpsvh88rmqk.jpg

LTMM21_zpslo1rh2c1.jpg

Some of those pages are definitely from Looney Tunes #5 and #6:

LTMM05_zpsssvjg3ge.jpg

LTMM05b_zpsbds7szr6.jpg

I've scanned as much as I feel like tonight, can pull a comparison page from the #6 tomorrow if anybody wants it.

The Famous Gang comic was the first of the Firestone giveaways that began featuring Mickey and Donald the following year.

The Famous Gang comic was the first of the Firestone giveaways that began featuring Mickey and Donald the following year.

The wealth of knowledge here never ceases to amaze. Who knew? Thanks Yellow Kid.

On another note, #6 is a toughie that commands a premium too. Never thought of it as a war cover, but Elmer is in uniform, lol

One that's missing from my collection too. All the ones I see that come to market are very low grade. While I have my share of beaters in my collection, i dig the cover too much to take anything less than 6.0. ... One day... :wishluck:

Edited by Sagii