• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man Issue 21 - The Scorpion - Finder's Fee
2 2

204 posts in this topic

Thank you and again congratulations. Putting a book together is near impossible.However it's the during your journey, not necessarily the final outcome that you can decide how to experience this quest. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.I truly hope you get every page. If I find a Spec 21 page I'll direct you to it (and no finder's fee necessary) although offering that fee goes to show how determined you are to get this done.Bravo! Enjoy the victory.

grape ape-mike in sunny southern california

55 minutes ago, Fred Chamberlain said:

Congrats on getting that nice piece at Heritage!

Thanks. I should have it in hand within 10 days, which will feel great.

Now to try and locate other pages, which is proving to be very difficult.

At this point, I have zero leads :cry:

I've kept my eyes peeled all these years.  Alas, nothing.  Will definitely let you know if I find anything.  That book holds a soft spot in my heart as I remember it was one of the first back issues I ever bought.  I remember my parents buying it for me at some podunk flea market in bum-eff PA circa 1986-87 for the princely sum of $1.  

Rooting for you on this quest, for sure.  Near impossible to put together a complete book (although I've owned 3 complete books, including covers...total luck).  

23 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

I've kept my eyes peeled all these years.  Alas, nothing.  Will definitely let you know if I find anything.  That book holds a soft spot in my heart as I remember it was one of the first back issues I ever bought.  I remember my parents buying it for me at some podunk flea market in bum-eff PA circa 1986-87 for the princely sum of $1.  

Rooting for you on this quest, for sure.  Near impossible to put together a complete book (although I've owned 3 complete books, including covers...total luck).  

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your effort. I have found all 5 pages with help from boardies, which shows how great this community is.

I realize that this will be near impossible but that’s the fun part of collecting - having a long term goal and sticking to it, whether or not I get there is only part of the fun.

15 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your effort. I have found all 5 pages with help from boardies, which shows how great this community is.

I realize that this will be near impossible but that’s the fun part of collecting - having a long term goal and sticking to it, whether or not I get there is only part of the fun.

Too true. There are a few books that I am constantly on the lookout for. Once a book has been out for 5-10 years, tracking art can be hard. Once you jump 30-40 years..... each page found is like a gold find.

7 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Any leads with the cover?

Zero leads on the cover or any other pages.

IF I ever find the cover, I’m sure it will cost a small fortune and it will force me to make some big decisions regarding my comics in order to finance it.

2 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Zero leads on the cover or any other pages.

IF I ever find the cover, I’m sure it will cost a small fortune and it will force me to make some big decisions regarding my comics in order to finance it.

Def worth it sometimes... sold probably 1/4 of my higher-end comics to fund a Frazetta OA pickup.

Thankfully the cover OA to my first comic purchase as a kid cost a fraction of that.  Moon Knight rather than Jim Lee X-Men, phew. lol  GL !

7 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Def worth it sometimes... sold probably 1/4 of my higher-end comics to fund a Frazetta OA pickup.

Thankfully the cover OA to my first comic purchase as a kid cost a fraction of that.  Moon Knight rather than Jim Lee X-Men, phew. lol  GL !

I would probably do that if I would ever get so lucky to find the cover.