• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man Issue 21 - The Scorpion - Finder's Fee
2 2

204 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2020 at 7:11 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Monthly bump

Still look for these remaining pages for you. Please CGC community if you come across any pages PM Jordysnordy. We all know what it’s like to have a goal in this great hobby:

Helping others feels great too!!!

BUMP

1 hour ago, grapeape said:

Still look for these remaining pages for you. Please CGC community if you come across any pages PM Jordysnordy. We all know what it’s like to have a goal in this great hobby:

Helping others feels great too!!!

BUMP

Thank you. I really appreciate it :foryou:

On 8/26/2020 at 9:42 AM, joeypost said:

What sentimental value does this book have for you? 

Reason I ask is issue 20 has a great deal for me. 

It was one of the first comics I remember reading as a kid so it’s had a special place in my collecting heart. Funny enough The Scorpions are one of my favourite bands.

What’s your connection to 20?

15 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

It was one of the first comics I remember reading as a kid so it’s had a special place in my collecting heart. Funny enough The Scorpions are one of my favourite bands.

What’s your connection to 20?

Mike Esposito used to go to Aqueduct racetrack with my Uncle and Grandfather. He would come over to eat from time to time. When he found out I collected comics (took my Uncle years to tell him) he gave me a few pages of original art from PPSSM #20. 

They got lost for decades after my family moved to Florida in 1979. Only one page resurfaced again 10 years ago when they were cleaning out my Grandmothers c_urio. 

Edited by joeypost

15 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Mike Esposito used to go to Aqueduct racetrack with my Uncle and Grandfather. He would come over to eat from time to time. When he found out I collected comics (took my Uncle years to tell him) he gave me a few pages of original art from PPSSM #20. 

They got lost for decades after my family moved to Florida in 1979. Only one page resurfaced again 10 years ago when they were cleaning out my Grandmothers c_urio. 

Very cool story. Post the page if you can. The personal connection makes the page that much more special.

Edited by Jordysnordy