Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man Issue 21 - The Scorpion - Finder's Fee
2 2

128 posts in this topic

2,044 posts

I just talked to a collector who consigned page 21 to Heritage!!!   Be on the lookout!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,094 posts
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, spider9698 said:

I just talked to a collector who consigned page 21 to Heritage!!!   Be on the lookout!

 

Thanks for the head's up on this - I was already aware of it. I emailed the owner a few weeks ago about the page. If you go through the thread, I posted a picture of said page that I had screen shot from his YouTube video. A fellow boardie notified me about the page a few years ago and I have tried in vain since then to buy it from Vince but he wasn't in the selling mood. Vince has an AMAZING collection and he has consigned ALL of it to HA. His has recently made 4 videos showing off all of his OA. If anyone wants to see what he is selling off his YouTube name is thugie1 - you won't be disappointed.  To be honest I was hoping this page would fly under the radar with the hope of not drawing much attention to it, thus increasing my chance of winning it. But I DO allpreciate your heads up on it. PM also sent about the finder’s fee (thumbsu

Here’s the page from his most recent video.

4E115EE1-44D5-4812-A218-33532A47B0A5.png

Edited by Jordysnordy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817 posts
On 3/22/2019 at 5:33 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Thanks for the head's up on this - I was already aware of it. I emailed the owner a few weeks ago about the page. If you go through the thread, I posted a picture of said page that I had screen shot from his YouTube video. A fellow boardie notified me about the page a few years ago and I have tried in vain since then to buy it from Vince but he wasn't in the selling mood. Vince has an AMAZING collection and he has consigned ALL of it to HA. His has recently made 4 videos showing off all of his OA. If anyone wants to see what he is selling off his YouTube name is thugie1 - you won't be disappointed.  To be honest I was hoping this page would fly under the radar with the hope of not drawing much attention to it, thus increasing my chance of winning it. But I DO allpreciate your heads up on it. PM also sent about the finder’s fee (thumbsu

Here’s the page from his most recent video.

4E115EE1-44D5-4812-A218-33532A47B0A5.png

Any luck with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,094 posts
1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

Any luck with this?

It still has not come to auction yet. It should be up within the month.

I have to hope it will fly under the radar  lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817 posts
27 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

It still has not come to auction yet. It should be up within the month.

I have to hope it will fly under the radar  lol 

Wishing you the best -- would be more than well-deserved.  : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,094 posts
Posted (edited)

Patience (and money) has finally paid of!!

VERY happy to have finally added a 5th page after almost 4 years of searching.

The bad news is I have no other leads at the moment for any other pages but that’s a problem for later on while I happily enjoy this beautiful page!!

For anyone else trying to complete a book - hang in there and be patient!!

 

 

0B622AD7-B2C3-46A3-87DD-77ECE284EBF0.png

Edited by Jordysnordy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
487 posts
Posted (edited)

My finger was on the trigger but I couldn't do it too ya buddy.I was tracking this page along with Spectacular 66 page 19. The morning of auction I searched Spec 21 on the CGC boards and others to try to figure out what to bid. I saw your post about trying to get pages from this issue....so I lost out on the Spec 66 page and the Spec 21 was 52 spots ahead...I decided to lay off. I loved the page but I didn't have the same emotional attachment to it that you did. I truly hope you got it.If you didn't don't beat yourself up...Isn't this a great way to spend your "free' time? best grapeape-mike in sunny southern california

Edited by grapeape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
487 posts
12 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Patience (and money) has finally paid of!!

VERY happy to have finally added a 5th page after almost 4 years of searching.

The bad news is I have no other leads at the moment for any other pages but that’s a problem for later on while I happily enjoy this beautiful page!!

For anyone else trying to complete a book - hang in there and be patient!!

471749C4-A149-4CE6-9C99-C1C77552C9D3.png

Congrats...ha ha I need to put my glasses on. The post below I wrote "hope you got it" and right in front of me you did. Wow that's great congratulations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,094 posts
3 hours ago, grapeape said:

My finger was on the trigger but I couldn't do it too ya buddy.I was tracking this page along with Spectacular 66 page 19. The morning of auction I searched Spec 21 on the CGC boards and others to try to figure out what to bid. I saw your post about trying to get pages from this issue....so I lost out on the Spec 66 page and the Spec 21 was 52 spots ahead...I decided to lay off. I loved the page but I didn't have the same emotional attachment to it that you did. I truly hope you got it.If you didn't don't beat yourself up...Isn't this a great way to spend your "free' time? best grapeape-mike in sunny southern california

Mike,

I appreciate you laying off the piece - I only wish others had as well lol 

It went for more than I thought it would but it was either make a bid that I knew would win it, or risk losing it.

Double edged sword when people know you are actively looking for a certain piece or pages from a certain book - some will be kind and lay off of it while others will try and bid it up to either foil you or have you pay a higher price. I’m grateful you were the former.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,094 posts
2 hours ago, spider9698 said:

Congrats!!   I was rooting for you!

 

:foryou:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2