• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wombat's Magazines
4 4

538 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Jayman said:

And the OA is impressive in person! Such a thin monotone application of oils on an old piece of Masonite ripped out of Frazetta's basement turned into a masterpiece! :cloud9:

(worship)

I kept missing getting copies of that issue of Weird. I think Bounty Coder had copies up several times I missed out on. Finally got a nice enough copy from another dealer  to add to my CGC to do list.

Its gross but really appealing to the 10 year old in you that loved that kind of stuff. I really owe Bounty Coder for getting me into the Eerie line.

F37E5362-188A-4FE6-833F-CBD4688003C6.thumb.jpeg.a2f5c93fc973ad39fa94ba888dd5482f.jpeg

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

I kept missing getting copies of that issue of Weird. I think Bounty Coder had copies up several times I missed out on. Finally got a nice enough copy from another dealer  to add to my CGC to do list.

Its gross but really appealing to the 10 year old in you that loved that kind of stuff. I really owe Bounty Coder for getting me into the Eerie line.

F37E5362-188A-4FE6-833F-CBD4688003C6.thumb.jpeg.a2f5c93fc973ad39fa94ba888dd5482f.jpeg

Yeah, Bounty has a way of getting one hooked on these sexy beasts.:headbang:

Just now, oakman29 said:

Are we (meaning you) going for a complete run of Creepy and Eerie?

Between what I just posted and what is yet to come I'm getting there. At this point I might as well. And there will certainly be a few low grade stinkers in the runs. 

1 minute ago, wombat said:

Between what I just posted and what is yet to come I'm getting there. At this point I might as well. And there will certainly be a few low grade stinkers in the runs. 

:banana::whee::banana:

Just now, wombat said:

If i can just stop buying doubles (and triples and more) of some issues I would be a lot further along. 

You rock my man. Glad there is more than one person filling in a run.

On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎18 at 9:19 PM, N e r V said:

glad you got a copy. I had a copy I could have sold you if I had known you were after one. The copy you acquired looks pretty good though.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:13 PM, oakman29 said:

Are we (meaning you) going for a complete run of Creepy and Eerie?

Just curious, when finishing off the Eerie run, what do people do about the #1? I can't really see ever feeling comfortable getting an original. Are the counterfeit copies somewhat collectable like the bootleg Cerebus #1? I've also noticed an ebay seller is making replica copies, is that a step down even from the bootlegs? Just looking for something to fill the spot in the collection.

1 hour ago, boomtown said:

Just curious, when finishing off the Eerie run, what do people do about the #1? I can't really see ever feeling comfortable getting an original. Are the counterfeit copies somewhat collectable like the bootleg Cerebus #1? I've also noticed an ebay seller is making replica copies, is that a step down even from the bootlegs? Just looking for something to fill the spot in the collection.

I have settled for a reprint off of ebay as a placeholder for now.  Not comfortable about getting an "original" either.

7 hours ago, boomtown said:

I do have the one with the blue lines on the staples. Some would say it's a bootleg. 

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

I do have the one with the blue lines on the staples. Some would say it's a bootleg. 

MCS classifies that as a 2nd print. Is the 2nd print the unauthorized bootleg? Also, with as expensive as the book is, and as easy it would be to recreate, are there other undocumented versions out there? It's something that I never really looked for because of the counterfeit copies so I'm kind of ignorant on the number of fakes out there.