• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wombat's Magazines
4 4

538 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, wombat said:

I think my LCS is realizing I'm literally the only person buying his magazines. He was blowing them out yesterday. I think the only reason I just don't buy them all in one shot is that then I'm out of magazines to buy locally. The two Vamps I got from a board sale. 

IMG_1455 (2).jpg

IMG_1456 (2).jpg

I am blown away by your radicalness.:headbang:

Horror mags rule!

5 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I see you got some nice pick ups tonight, congrats.:headbang:

Thanks Dave. The Vampi 11 is tempting as well. I'm hoping someone else grabs it so I don't have to. 

You may as well take the plunge, and go for all his paperback cover work!  Now, there's just a few movie posters, and some '50's funny animal books with text story illos, his Johnny Comet strips, and then I hear he did some work for EC, that'll drive you Mad!  There's also that American Artist issue he was cover featured on (May 1976), with the Death Dealer cover! And the Spa Fon interview issue.  There's more than one High Times cover, by the way.  And don't forget his Playboy Little Annie Fanny contribution!  

I remember back in the '70's, you could buy original sketches for a $100 or so, from Cockrun at different shows!  

Back in the mid seventies I was driving back from NYC (to Illinois), but was taking Val Mayerik back to Youngstown (Ohio) first.  Well, we stopped in East Stroudsburg, Penn. and Val gave him a call (he was in the phone book).  Well, the inlaws were over that evening.  But he did invite us over, the next day!  But that wasn't in the cards!  I'll have to ask Val if he ever did finally meet him?

I have a ton of Frazetta stuff. I keep meaning to take pics of everything. Puzzles, statues, books, etc. I even have a series of pre paid phone cards with his art. The oddest thing is probably the christmas ornament. I'm always on the lookout for new (old) things. 

And the Frazetta family is licensing stuff like crazy now. New stuff coming out all the time. I'm getting this for my son (at least that's what I'm telling my wife):

DH3000057lg.jpg

2 hours ago, wombat said:

I have a ton of Frazetta stuff. I keep meaning to take pics of everything. Puzzles, statues, books, etc. I even have a series of pre paid phone cards with his art. The oddest thing is probably the christmas ornament. I'm always on the lookout for new (old) things. 

And the Frazetta family is licensing stuff like crazy now. New stuff coming out all the time. I'm getting this for my son (at least that's what I'm telling my wife):

DH3000057lg.jpg

OMG, how I would have loved to have a Frazetta Death Dealer lunchbox as a kid in elementary school! Just imagining what the other kids would of thought compared to their Scooby Doo box! lol

Come to think of it, I would love one now! Got a link to these? 

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:

OMG, how I would have loved to have a Frazetta Death Dealer lunchbox as a kid in elementary school! Just imagining what the other kids would of thought compared to their Scooby Doo box! lol

Come to think of it, I would love one now! Got a link to these? 

I gotta get me some too!