• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wombat's Magazines
4 4

538 posts in this topic

I've been on a buying freeze in preparation for Baltimore Comic Con. What's the next best thing to buying more? Going through what I already have. I'm up to 3 full short boxes of magazines. Mainly Creepy, Eerie and Vampirella. But I have a lot of random stuff as well. How many bagged and boarded magazines fit in a short box?

Now that I have everything in order I need to update my inventory. One thing I realized is that I really need to cut down on duplicates and concentrate on missing issues. I found I had 4 and 5 copies of some issues.   :facepalm:

I've also decided to submit some books to CGC in Baltimore. First time submitting for me. Selling some keys I have duplicates for will definitely help out on the buying side and I figured getting them graded is my best bet since I don't trust my own grading. Hopefull I don't submit any stinkers. 

25 minutes ago, wombat said:

I've been on a buying freeze in preparation for Baltimore Comic Con. What's the next best thing to buying more? Going through what I already have. I'm up to 3 full short boxes of magazines. Mainly Creepy, Eerie and Vampirella. But I have a lot of random stuff as well. How many bagged and boarded magazines fit in a short box?

Now that I have everything in order I need to update my inventory. One thing I realized is that I really need to cut down on duplicates and concentrate on missing issues. I found I had 4 and 5 copies of some issues.   :facepalm:

I've also decided to submit some books to CGC in Baltimore. First time submitting for me. Selling some keys I have duplicates for will definitely help out on the buying side and I figured getting them graded is my best bet since I don't trust my own grading. Hopefull I don't submit any stinkers. 

Well buddy you could always lighten the load by selling me your Blazing Combat 1.   :foryou:

19 hours ago, wombat said:

I'm getting the nicest of the bunch graded. 

Hope you do well. After I buy divads Creepy 81 it will be my buying freeze, getting ready for Terry's Yorba Linda show in January.:D

32 minutes ago, wombat said:

Just did my online order form for drop off at Baltimore. 2 Vampirellas #1, 1 Blazing Combat #1 and 2 Blazing Combat #2. wish me luck. 

Very cool! I have toyed with doing this in the future. Do they send you some sort of receipt so you can expedite your drop off or do you still have to wait in line? I'm also assuming they will be mailing them back to you, not encapsulating during the con, correct? 

Can you say your predictions for the grades or are you going to wait? Either way congrats and best of luck!

It says i can do express drop off. Yes, mailing back to me. I'm only going for one day. Plus I'm not sure if they do onsite for magazines. Honestly, I'm not really sure on the grades. Which is probably not a good thing. Ultimately these are magazines I want to sell and I figured the best way for me to do that is get them graded. That way I don't have to come up with one myself and worry about someone disagreeing with me. Hopefully it was worth it. For the 5 magazines it cost me $228 with shipping back. 

8 hours ago, wombat said:

It says i can do express drop off. Yes, mailing back to me. I'm only going for one day. Plus I'm not sure if they do onsite for magazines. Honestly, I'm not really sure on the grades. Which is probably not a good thing. Ultimately these are magazines I want to sell and I figured the best way for me to do that is get them graded. That way I don't have to come up with one myself and worry about someone disagreeing with me. Hopefully it was worth it. For the 5 magazines it cost me $228 with shipping back. 

Good going my man, and let me know if you want to sell that Blazing Combat 1. I certainly would be interested.

Had a great time at the Baltimore Comic Con. I'm not sure I have ever seen so many magazines at one place. It seems like the majority of dealers had at least one box of them. I decided to go for more scarce / expensive books this year over quantity and to fill in some holes. 

Very happy to find a cheaper copy of Savage Tales and Vampirella 3. Those were my two big purchases. Was also great to see tons of the older horror mags. The covers are so awesome. 

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1613 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1614 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

8 minutes ago, Jayman said:

@wombat Nicely cut and centered Vampi 3 you got there! What's the grade on the Savage Tales 1? Asking because the staples look similar to how they are on my copy, wearing/indenting under the front cover. Again, nice pickups! (thumbsu

VG/FN range. I didn't inspect every page to be honest. At the price I got it I couldn't go wrong (less than what the sticker says).