• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wombat's Magazines
4 4

538 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, wombat said:

So I got my books back from CGC today. Overall I'm probably a bit disappointed, but not hugely. My main motivation was I want to sell these and I would just not be comfortable with my lack of grading skills to do them raw (I have never sold a book in my life). I certainly didn't want to mess around with having to take returns if I missed something badly. This way people know what they are getting. The only one that was probably just a bad move was the Blazing Combat 2 that came back 8.0. Live and learn. 

Vampirella 1 - 6.5

Vampirella 1 - 5.0

Blazing Combat 1 - 5.0

Blazing Combat 2 - 9.0

Blazing Combat 2 - 8.0

Not bad really.  Great books my good man.:applause:

26 minutes ago, wombat said:

My first magazine purchases in over 4 months. Got these from @DeadOne during the VCC. Thanks Bryan!!  The colors on 54 are amazing. 

IMG_1874.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

Thank God Bryan is here to sell us sexy horror comics. He has nearly single handedly completed  my Vampirella,  Creepy and Eerie runs. 

On 21/04/2018 at 10:38 PM, wombat said:

Not a magazine, but wasn't sure where else to post this. This was a real PIA to put together. So many white pieces. 

IMG_1862 (2).jpg

That's a nice puzzle I've seen one recently of your avatar do you know or have one?

Just now, tv horror said:

That's a nice puzzle I've seen one recently of your avatar do you know or have one?

I do have that one as well. I actually have three. The first one I bought on ebay ended up missing two pieces. So another one went up for sale cheap missing some pieces, but I could see from the picture they were different pieces. I learned a valuable lesson. I was assuming since they were the same puzzle they would be cut the same. They weren't. Completely different shapes. So now I had two puzzles with missing pieces. I ended up getting a third that was complete. 

If you really want a puzzle of death dealer (or two) missing a few pieces I'm your man. 

On 5/6/2018 at 4:12 PM, DeadOne said:
 4 minutes ago, wombat said:

IMG_1904.JPG

Love that cover. :cloud9:

And the OA is impressive in person! Such a thin monotone application of oils on an old piece of Masonite ripped out of Frazetta's basement turned into a masterpiece! :cloud9: