• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which movies do you wish didn't have a sequel/prequel?

35 posts in this topic

Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions.

^^

I bought the Matrix Ultimate DVD set. I wish I hadn't, because after seeing the second and third movie, I was very let down.

But the animated collection (The Animatrix) of nine short films associated with The Matrix was well worth watching.

Yup. I remember being excited when they were first released and crushed on how by-the-numbers and fake-looking they were. The car chase scene in Reloaded was so safe looking (compared to the one in A Good Day To Die Hard), it felt tacked on to a cyber-punk movie. Neo in the action scenes looked to CG. At least the final battle with him and Smith was breath-taking, but despite the nifty cliff-hanger, this all could have been one movie. Reloaded two and a half stars out of four. Revolutions two stars out of four.

Matrix 1 was a great movie, and made me buy my first dvd player back in the day, but Matrix 2 and 3 have to be the biggest disappointments as sequels just like the last three Star Wars movies by Lucas were.

I liked ROTS. :baiting:

OK. I`ll give you that one. It did have a great ending.

(thumbs u

I really liked Sith. Sith was the payoff for the other two movies and I really put it up there with the original trilogy. People give Attack of the Clones a bad rep but Clones is not that bad either. Yes, you get the wooden Hayden Christianson acting but is it any worse than Luke's whining in Ep. 4?

Nah, I genuinely liked Sith, I think Clones isn't so bad so I have to watch Episode I, just to set the whole story up... even if the first part of the whole story isn't so great.

Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions.

^^

I bought the Matrix Ultimate DVD set. I wish I hadn't, because after seeing the second and third movie, I was very let down.

But the animated collection (The Animatrix) of nine short films associated with The Matrix was well worth watching.

Yup. I remember being excited when they were first released and crushed on how by-the-numbers and fake-looking they were. The car chase scene in Reloaded was so safe looking (compared to the one in A Good Day To Die Hard), it felt tacked on to a cyber-punk movie. Neo in the action scenes looked to CG. At least the final battle with him and Smith was breath-taking, but despite the nifty cliff-hanger, this all could have been one movie. Reloaded two and a half stars out of four. Revolutions two stars out of four.

Matrix 1 was a great movie, and made me buy my first dvd player back in the day, but Matrix 2 and 3 have to be the biggest disappointments as sequels just like the last three Star Wars movies by Lucas were.

I liked ROTS. :baiting:

OK. I`ll give you that one. It did have a great ending.

(thumbs u

I really liked Sith. Sith was the payoff for the other two movies and I really put it up there with the original trilogy. People give Attack of the Clones a bad rep but Clones is not that bad either. Yes, you get the wooden Hayden Christianson acting but is it any worse than Luke's whining in Ep. 4?

Nah, I genuinely liked Sith, I think Clones isn't so bad so I have to watch Episode I, just to set the whole story up... even if the first part of the whole story isn't so great.

I`m going to have to re-watch that trilogy again.

It`s been awhile, maybe it ages well?

I`m going to have to re-watch that trilogy again.

It`s been awhile, maybe it ages well?

Ep I is POODOO! Please don't, EP 2 is sooooo much better than ep 1, but that's not exactly high praise in the first place.

C-3PO ruined Clones for me. What a prissy preening queen.

It's his posh English accent. Being from the harder north of the country, I have to concur.

- Robocop

Absolutely, whoever wrote the sequels was just awful. I wonder if the writer was responsible for any other unworthy sequels.

Yes, I know who wrote them.

The original draft/screenplays were by Frank Miller himself. From Triva at imdb

Although the producers loved Frank Miller's original version of the -script, they quickly realized it was unfilmable as written. The final screen version was heavily rewritten and bears only a superficial resemblance to Miller's story. In 2003, Miller's screenplay was adapted into a comic book series titled, appropriately, "Frank Miller's RoboCop".

Trust me the avatar press adaptation is much better and I can only imagine how franks original unadulterated -script would have turned out with Verhoeven back in the directors chair and a really big budget.

Halloween

The Karate Kid

The Karate Kid part II was just as good if not better than the first film and it outperformed the first film by almost 25 million in the box office.

Halloween actually had some really decent sequels like #4 and H20

Halloween

The Karate Kid

The Karate Kid part II was just as good if not better than the first film and it outperformed the first film by almost 25 million in the box office.

Halloween actually had some really decent sequels like #4 and H20

Like Ghostbusters II, I thought Part II was a watchable flick, but only a rehash of the groundbreaking original in the same vein of a Rocky sequel. Just my opinion. I actually somewhat felt The Next Karate Kid was a better direction to go in than Part II. Halloween 4 had the right atmosphere, but only blunted the impact of original by aping it's plot mechanics. If there wasn't a part 5, a year after I would have gave this a pass (in a retro way), same with H20, whose awful follow-up (another cash grab) marred it a year later also. So, I consider them alternate entities to Halloween, like The Season of the Witch. :P If you're gonna pretend some of the sequels don't exist, you might as pretend they all don't exist as well. lol

Ghostbusters II ain't *that* bad.
Yup. It was more so aimed at the original's kid audiences. But, they screwed up their math a bit, because we aged a bit afterwards and were craving more edgier flicks like Lethal Weapon 2 and Batman during the summer of '89. Boy, that was one of the first summer of blockbuster releases. I remember feeling disappointed for the first time watching "big" movies like Star Trek V, Karate Kid III, etc. (I had mixed feelings about Licence To Kill). I swear that was the first summer in memory with a glut of tentpole movies. hm