• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 667 1:100 Dell'Otto Variant

916 posts in this topic

This really seems like someone trying to hawk something as rare that really isn't as rare as the item actually is.

...or back in the real world it is an appreciation thread about a well documented rare book.

If you disagree, do please advise us when you track one down. That was, after all, one of the points of the thread anyway. (thumbs u

-J.

Told you.... I had one. I don't expect you to remember that though. No reason for you. So again. Long story short.

Had one. Was selling off and dumping all ASM variants. Sold a bunch individually. Sold it in an auction with a group of other variants.

But no, you don't want to listen to anyone. You want to be "right" according to yourself.

The only thing that you are really demonstrating is that you are a time waster.

...and yet no one is forcing you to read or post in this thread. :ohnoez:

I don't "want" to be right. I've listened to other people's thoughts and opinions as to the book's crazy rarity and they are still just expressing thoughts and opinions. As others have stated in this thread, no one can be proven "right" either way as to the cause of the book's scarcity, and I agreed with that. So I'm not entirely sure what you are even talking about quite frankly.

(And I did remember you said you had one in the past. Not sure how that relates to now, but okay. If the fact that you obviously sold the book way too soon, or at all, is the cause of your spiteful posting then I suggest you take a few deep breaths and queue up a good movie on Netflix or something. Life goes on my man.)

-J.

1 - You stated "try to track one down" which is why I noted that I had mentioned owning one.

2 - You do not seem to have the ability to 'listen' to others it seems.

3 - Deep breaths? Try harder. This is the last thing I get worked up over.

I stand by the statement though that you prattle on to simply increase the worth of something that is not really worth what you claim it is. The last thing that gets a rise out of me is something that you say. However, anything you say has been met with a shrug and a response.

I don't dictate or "claim" the "worth" of anything, the market does. It has spoken, not me. I simply reported its verdict.

The only "prattle" going on is more sour grapes posting from a guy who is either terrible at timing the market, too lazy to check GPA/do adequate research before selling his books, or never owned the book in the first place and is in fact the only one wasting anyone's time (his own) by posting in this thread.

For the millionth time, this is an appreciation thread. You don't like enthusiastic conversation about a book, you don't have to click on its thread. So good-bye. :hi:

-J.

Were you picked last in gym class as a child? Didn't get enough hugs?

This really seems like someone trying to hawk something as rare that really isn't as rare as the item actually is.

...or back in the real world it is an appreciation thread about a well documented rare book.

If you disagree, do please advise us when you track one down. That was, after all, one of the points of the thread anyway. (thumbs u

-J.

Told you.... I had one. I don't expect you to remember that though. No reason for you. So again. Long story short.

Had one. Was selling off and dumping all ASM variants. Sold a bunch individually. Sold it in an auction with a group of other variants.

But no, you don't want to listen to anyone. You want to be "right" according to yourself.

I don't "want" to be right. I've listened to other people's thoughts and opinions as to the book's crazy rarity and they are still just expressing thoughts and opinions. As others have stated in this thread, no one can be proven "right" either way as to the cause of the book's scarcity, and I agreed with that. So I'm not entirely sure what you are even talking about quite frankly.

(And I did remember you said you had one in the past. Not sure how that relates to now, but okay. If the fact that you obviously sold the book way too soon, or at all, is the cause of your spiteful posting then I suggest you take a few deep breaths and queue up a good movie on Netflix or something. Life goes on my man.)

-J.

1 - You stated "try to track one down" which is why I noted that I had mentioned owning one.

I stand by the statement though that you prattle on to simply increase the worth of something that is not really worth what you claim it is. The last thing that gets a rise out of me is something that you say. However, anything you say has been met with a shrug and a response.

I don't dictate or "claim" the "worth" of anything, the market does. It has spoken, not me. I simply reported its verdict.

The only "prattle" going on is more sour grapes posting from a guy who is either terrible at timing the market, too lazy to check GPA/do adequate research before selling his books, or never owned the book in the first place and is in fact the only one wasting anyone's time (his own) by posting in this thread.

And for the millionth time, this is an appreciation thread. You don't like enthusiastic conversation about a book, you don't have to click on its thread. Easy, peasy fresh and easy. :banana:

-J.

So when someone says they had a copy, in response to your claims that nobody can find them, you call them a liar? Classy.

-J.

-J.

For the millionth time, this is an appreciation thread. You don't like enthusiastic conversation about a book, you don't have to click on its thread. Easy, peasy, fresh and easy. :banana:

-J.

Were you picked last in gym class as a child? Didn't get enough hugs?

Actually I wasn't nursed as a baby. But that's another kettle of corn. lol

Eh, no hard feelings. I actually sympathized with you in that other thread when you reported your experiences and offered an encouraging word. Perhaps you didn't remember that.

-J.

-J.

-J.

And for the millionth time, this is an appreciation thread. You don't like enthusiastic conversation about a book, you don't have to click on its thread. Easy, peasy fresh and easy. :banana:

-J.

So when someone says they had a copy, in response to your claims that nobody can find them, you call them a liar? Classy.

Sure why not?

This is a thread intended for people to post their copies and appreciate the book.

At this point there's been waaaay too much talking and speculating and naysaying and questioning and contemptuous nuisance posting and not enough people showing off their copies. Time to put up or shut up.

Which one will you do...

-J.

Jay , all of this modern posturing, Its time to add them to that Sig line !

I would but I can't figure out how to add more than 8 books at one time via photobucket. lol

But...it's rarer than that AF 15.

(shrug) Seems like the obvious replacement choice to me.

Jay , all of this modern posturing, Its time to add them to that Sig line !

I would but I can't figure out how to add more than 8 books at one time via photobucket. lol

But...it's rarer than that AF 15.

(shrug) Seems like the obvious replacement choice to me.

Blasphemy! :sumo:

-J.

Hey Jay,

I don't mean to derail your thread, but that Acton 23 6.5 looks beautiful. Do you have a better picture?

How can you be sure he even owns it?

Are we questioning boardie's sig line now? ???

Sure why not?

-J.

Hey Jay,

I don't mean to derail your thread, but that Acton 23 6.5 looks beautiful. Do you have a better picture?

How can you be sure he even owns it?

Are we questioning boardie's sig line now? ???

Sure why not?

-J.

First of all, I never called anybody a "liar". Secondly, wondering whether or not a boardie ever really "had" a book he says he "sold in a lot" is the same as questioning another boardie's sig line of books he currently owns not even relevant to the thread, how, exactly? (shrug)

-J.