• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toughest blanks to acquire

48 posts in this topic

Those are tough to buy, BUT, they're not as rare as the actual Hero Initiative blanks, which by the way, CGC won't grade them outside of Hero Initiative.

So if you happen to spend the $400 to $500 on one of those rare 100 exclusive blanks, they won't be graded.

Those are tough to buy, BUT, they're not as rare as the actual Hero Initiative blanks, which by the way, CGC won't grade them outside of Hero Initiative.

So if you happen to spend the $400 to $500 on one of those rare 100 exclusive blanks, they won't be graded.

I didn't know that. Learn something new every day.

The Gen 13 blank isn't the best quality by any means because they are regular stock, and the only way you got them was in the black (or red) boxes. There are more than a few of them out there and I probably have 5 myself that haven't been sketched on. Just so many of them have been sketched on by now!

If you're willing to part with one of those, let me know. It's the last missing Gen13 cover for my (complete Wildstorm Universe start-to-finish) collection

Usually the ones I'm looking for lol

Avengers/invaders #1(DF exclusive) $50+

Amazing Spider-man #648 $25+

Punisher #1 (both versions) $20+

Marvels Project #1 $20+

Avengers #1 gold logo $15+

Batman #0 $12+

What do some of these usually sell for?

Prices are for NM+ or better

The only Avengers with a gold logo that I found in my stash was issue # 7 from 2011. (shrug)

Marvels Project #1 $20+

Batman #0 $12+

The only Avengers with a gold logo that I found in my stash was issue # 7 from 2011. (shrug)

I went through my blank box and found these for future sketches.

1 ASM 628

5 Punisher 1st

7 Marvels Project

6 Avengers 1 Gold logo

1 Batman 0

I know another boardy that has a nice stash of Marvels Project about 50-60 or so.

Yet another one that most probably haven't heard of. I've never seen one in the wild.

Spawn blank (euro)

I might a few left of these and the batmans as well if someone needs them.

I have also these euro Batman, Wolverine. justice league and Spiderman blanks

5d8j3ybe.jpg fe3m7e46.jpg dvj65j2q.jpg zr4l5i76.jpg

Hard to find are any Tomb Raider, Soulfire and Fathom blank covers.

PM sent (thumbs u

Marvels Project #1 $20+

Batman #0 $12+

I just found the following:

Marvel Projects #1 11 copies

Punisher #1 (2011) 14 copies

Batman #0 10 copies

All in NM+ or better. LMK if you need some.

I had heard these were tough, so I went right to the source and asked if they had any left. They did, so I bought them all!

Hero%20Blank%202011.jpg

There's only 100 of these HERO 2011 blanks in existence, so if you bought all the extras, you got an incredible deal! Congrats. It was an experiment I helped coax out of HERO.

This...

It's been a pain in the @$$ to get one graded. CGC is being held back from being able to grade any Hero Initiative blanks that are not submitted through Hero because of one guy. Now that Hero Initiative goes through they who shall not be named, that company cannot grade or verify them either. Kind of a move on Heroes part if you ask me especially since this wasn't ever put out until after a guy paid a large sum of money to have a blank cover created and the book had to be kicked back due to the policy. Big thing here, unless you want to have to go through that one company with an X in there name your book isn't going to be graded or verified.

Hero is going through the other guy? That's news to me. They just finished up the Hellboy 100 project and that all went through CGC. Not 100% sure you've got all the facts straight. I know there was definitely a snafu with the Walking Dead 100 books, but I'd be shocked to learn CGC and Hero Initiative are not working together anymore

Hero is going through the other guy? That's news to me. They just finished up the Hellboy 100 project and that all went through CGC. Not 100% sure you've got all the facts straight. I know there was definitely a snafu with the Walking Dead 100 books, but I'd be shocked to learn CGC and Hero Initiative are not working together anymore

Tis true

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Adventure-Time-20-ORIGINAL-cover-DAN-BRERETON-CBCS-Authentic-9-8-/301728291289?nav=SEARCH

I don't think they have exclusively, not to my knowledge anyway. I believe they're digging into both sides of the market.