• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KONGAPALOOZA Markdowns! Ms Marvel Black Terror BATMAN GA Recap page 13

138 posts in this topic

LABORDAYKONGAPLAOO.jpg

:banana:

A Labor Day sales thread which will start tonight at 5PM Eastern Time-- those of you familiar with us will know we try to have some run with these, including our REVERSE AUCTIONS (see details at the end).

My eBay seller ID is RoboPicto. I'm teaming up with other members of Team Fish for this one including #2 son Joe who many of you know as Ted from Superworld's Right Hand Man, rounding out the group are behind the scenes Fish's Matt and Adam- so there should be some diverse offerings here. Recaps every five pages to help you sort through.

THREAD WILL BE PRICED ITEMS and we'll be running ONE reverse auction continuously as the thread runs. How many auctions we runs depends on how quickly they sell.

REVERSE AUCTION ITEMS- here's how these work; We'll start one with an opening bid and then every FIVE minutes we'll lower the price by $10 all the way down to FREE-- it's a holiday weekend so who knows who is on the boards so you might get a deal. Buyers :takeit: with quoted auction price ends that auction and a new one will start five minutes later. We'll run reverse auctions throughout the live sales thread and you never know what's going to come up.

We'll handle the timestamp mark down so keep hitting refresh to get a deal.

Listing will include some really good stuff including BATMAN 42 and 189, Detective Comics 400, Pre Code Horror, Bronze Horror, Marvels, Charlton lots, some trade paperbacks and hardcovers, a bit of original art and even a Black Terror battles a robot comic.

:banana: We'll keep it short (time wise) SALE RUNS MONDAY AFTERNOON 5PM UNTIL FRIDAY 9PM when most UNSOLD BOOKS go to eBay or back in the boxes :banana:

Rules-

1. Check or Postal Money Order, PayPal also accepted. Payment must be made within 72 hours unless we make other arrangements. Time payments are available, but must be worked out first.

2. Shipping is $6 for RAW books and $12 for CGC books inside the continental USA no matter how many books you buy. Alaska, Hawaii and the rest of the world is higher, but we'll only charge exact shipping so overpayment will be refunded.

3. No HOS or Probation buyers.

4. Payment plans are available but let's keep it reasonable-- communication is a must. We can work out the details.

5. First I'LL TAKE IT in the thread gets it over any PM Negotiations. That just seems fair.

6. Offers welcome, but we're not desperate here, just having some fun.

7. If you get the item and it's not what I described or if you're disappointed in it just send it on back and we'll refund your purchase price (provided it is in the same condition we sent it).

Grades are all subjective, look at the scans. We'll provide a quick grade for each title to give you an idea, but please use the scans. I don’t know if any of these have been pressed—if they were I didn’t press them. I looked for restoration and found none.

Back cover scans if you request them-- if there is a defect on the back or if it doesn't match the quality of the front we'll note that and post an image.

Any questions please feel free to contact me!

This is going to be a mega sale, we're going to cover the Gold to Bronze age with mostly individual books and some lots mixed in.

RECAPS ARE ON PAGES: 6, 10, 13

Okay to keep this thread legit-- here's the first book, the remaining books in the thread will start today (LABOR DAY) at 5 pm.

Batman #42 -- first Catwoman Cover on Batman-- mirrors the look of Batman #14 with Batman and Robin peeling back the cover to reveal the villain.

Nice color on this one-- it's missing an ad page-- all the story pages are here, and the colors are nice and bright. Staple pull at the top staple. Pages are supple.

Overall I'd call this one a 4.0-4.5 $100 SOLD

IMG_20150907_082557949.jpg

IMG_20150907_082608838.jpg

IMG_20150907_082938823.jpg

Okay to keep this thread legit-- here's the first book, the remaining books in the thread will start today (LABOR DAY) at 5 pm.

Batman #42 -- first Catwoman Cover on Batman-- mirrors the look of Batman #14 with Batman and Robin peeling back the cover to reveal the villain.

Nice color on this one-- it's missing an ad page-- all the story pages are here, and the colors are nice and bright. Staple pull at the top staple. Pages are supple.

Overall I'd call this one a 4.0-4.5 $100

IMG_20150907_082557949.jpg

IMG_20150907_082608838.jpg

IMG_20150907_082938823.jpg

Is this the sale price or the auction starting price?

That was the sale price for Batman-- ALL AUCTIONS will be listed like this:

AUCTON: Title Current Bid buy

So we'd have something like this

AUCTION: Action Comics 189 Current $150

Auctions will start this afternoon.

Batman is sold.

A Labor Day sales thread which will start tonight at 5PM Eastern Time-- those of you familiar with us will know we try to have some run with these, including our REVERSE AUCTIONS (see details at the end).

My eBay seller ID is RoboPicto. I'm teaming up with other members of Team Fish for this one including #2 son Joe who many of you know as Ted from Superworld's Right Hand Man, rounding out the group are behind the scenes Fish's Matt and Adam- so there should be some diverse offerings here. Recaps every five pages to help you sort through.

REVERSE AUCTION ITEMS- here's how these work; We'll start one with an opening bid and then every FIVE minutes we'll lower the price by $10 all the way down to FREE-- it's a holiday weekend so who knows who is on the boards so you might get a deal.

Are the books $10 cheaper five minutes later, according to the time stamp or will you be actively lowering the price?

Example- Black Loogie #1 is posted at 5PM for $50. It's now 5:07, will the book be $40 or is it $50 until you post a new price? I like the idea, but the details need to be fleshed out.

Here's a glimpse of some of the offerings starting in two hours (hopefully not upside down). Hmmm it's right side up in Photobucket.

IMG_0849_2.jpg

We've got quite a few more that aren't here including an incomplete Batman #4 a Batman #7 with some back cover issues and a Batman #237 in high grade.

Let's try it upside down;

IMG_0849_2.jpg

Oh well, we'll ship them to you rightside up.