• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With growing intrest,it may be time for a OA forum page.

28 posts in this topic

This no poke2.gif at the lovers/collectors of OA, but it has a solid collector base, and mayhap survive in it's own forum. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not sure there's enough interest yet, but I'm game. If we do, I'll try to get more original art collectors from the comicart-l community to post here.

Best,

Until CGC starts grading OA I do not see the logic behind such a move. This forum is a PR business venture, not a charity.

Exactly! thumbsup2.gif

Don't be so quick to dismiss.

Art collectors tend to be high-end spenders. Many collect comics AND art. I don't see the downside of CGC encouraging that group to participate in these boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Until CGC starts grading OA I do not see the logic behind such a move. This forum is a PR business venture, not a charity.

Exactly! thumbsup2.gif

Art collectors tend to be high-end spenders. Many collect comics AND art. I don't see the downside of CGC encouraging that group to participate in these boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gossip.gif Since Steve is an original art collector himself, there may be an outside chance of getting a OA forum.

Exactly! thumbsup2.gif

gossip.gif Since Steve is an original art collector himself, there may be an outside chance of getting a OA forum.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I agree that there could be a legitimate business reason for doing this (your explanation above). However, I would be opposed to it. I don't want to see our forums overrun by the comic art community (who wouldn't want to migrate here from the horrifically primitive ComicArt-L list??) I can see the "CGC collectors vs. the OA collectors" flame wars erupting already (and you thought the Comic Guys vs. the Coinees was bad). Do we really want to add another couple hundred "DESTRO"s to the Boards here? makepoint.gif

Hey !!!!

I resent that !!!!

If you dolts didnt become so entrenched during our OA is fine art debate,...my ugly side would never have reared its ugly head. BUT,..having to listen to truly poorly constructed arguments like Major Khaos,.brought out the worst in me !!! He truly is one dumb F !