• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With growing intrest,it may be time for a OA forum page.

28 posts in this topic

Art collectors tend to be high-end spenders. Many collect comics AND art. I don't see the downside of CGC encouraging that group to participate in these boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree that there could be a legitimate business reason for doing this (your explanation above). However, I would be opposed to it. I don't want to see our forums overrun by the comic art community (who wouldn't want to migrate here from the horrifically primitive ComicArt-L list??) I can see the "CGC collectors vs. the OA collectors" flame wars erupting already (and you thought the Comic Guys vs. the Coinees was bad). Do we really want to add another couple hundred "DESTRO"s to the Boards here? makepoint.gif

Hi Gene,

I seriously doubt I'd be able to convince more than a handful of the art collectors to come over to these boards, but I'll do my best. I'd say 80% collect only art. We would be able to get some of the remaining 20%, but most have their hands full being members and contributing to the comicart list already. I still enjoy discussing comic books in addition to art, which is why I'm here. But, I'm certainly in the extreme minority.

And, Gene, you should know better than to stereotype a whole group of people based on one person's actions/statements. I thought you were a self-declared cultured, educated, and progressive-minded individual????wink.gif

P.S. It was fun hanging out this weekend. Dave wants to make it a monthly thing, and I agree.

Best,

Art collectors tend to be high-end spenders. Many collect comics AND art. I don't see the downside of CGC encouraging that group to participate in these boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree that there could be a legitimate business reason for doing this (your explanation above). However, I would be opposed to it. I don't want to see our forums overrun by the comic art community (who wouldn't want to migrate here from the horrifically primitive ComicArt-L list??) I can see the "CGC collectors vs. the OA collectors" flame wars erupting already (and you thought the Comic Guys vs. the Coinees was bad). Do we really want to add another couple hundred "DESTRO"s to the Boards here? makepoint.gif

I'm not convinced. If CGC can break out Magazines, Copper, Comic Events, and Surveys, then what's one more forum? It would get rid of at least 6 threads currently in "comics general" and would be a fun place to discuss the art side of the comics genre. I agree with Hari that people are likely NOT going to come flocking here from other places. And hopefully the ones that do will contribut in meaningful ways rather than spending 90% of their posts trying to start arguments about whether comics or art are better investibles or start threads talking about how much money they'll pay to buy stuff. 893crossfingers-thumb.giftongue.gif

Do we really want to add another couple hundred "DESTRO"s to the Boards here? makepoint.gif

I'd rather have a sharp stick in my eye.

i've got a sharp stick around here somewhere...slightly used