• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessica Jones Netflix Alias #1

494 posts in this topic

Kilgrave (The Purple Man) looks to be the major villain in the new series.

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/02/all-jessica-jones-season-1-titles-and-synopses-revealed/

The trailer for this show looks great. Kilgrave looks quite formidable when you see how many people he can control at once. Its even more impactful when you see it on TV than his appearances in the comics.

Kilgrave (The Purple Man) looks to be the major villain in the new series.

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/02/all-jessica-jones-season-1-titles-and-synopses-revealed/

:news:

Yes, breaking as of months ago when they hired David Tennant. :D You are now seeing a spike in the sales and value of Alias 24, the first modern Purple Man appearance. Apparently the print run is low in the area of 17k, and the book is now selling int he mid 20's raw.

You are now seeing a spike in the sales and value of Alias 24, the first modern Purple Man appearance. Apparently the print run is low in the area of 17k, and the book is now selling int he mid 20's raw.

Never chase the villain books, be it Jessica Jones, or Avengers Infinity War. A new hero not previously cared about, (Jessica), sure. A villain who is one and done, sell that into the hype

You are now seeing a spike in the sales and value of Alias 24, the first modern Purple Man appearance. Apparently the print run is low in the area of 17k, and the book is now selling int he mid 20's raw.

Never chase the villain books, be it Jessica Jones, or Avengers Infinity War. A new hero not previously cared about, (Jessica), sure. A villain who is one and done, sell that into the hype

There is always a spike on any cast character. Just don't get caught holding them after the movie or show comes out, unless you just want it for the PC.

100% correct.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIAS-1-First-Jessica-Jones-2001-Marvels-Greatest-Comics-Variant-MAX-Netflix-NM-/171966109192?hash=item2809fa9608:g:gR8AAOSwLVZVxXf~

---------

2 months ago i passed on about 20 of these in a dollar box. i really hope i got at least one. i figured it was such a mass produced reprint, why bother.....

i wonder if they're still there?

100% correct.

I did not purchase an Alias 24. :P

I did however add a high grade Alias 1 recently.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALIAS-1-First-Jessica-Jones-2001-Marvels-Greatest-Comics-Variant-MAX-Netflix-NM-/171966109192?hash=item2809fa9608:g:gR8AAOSwLVZVxXf~

---------

2 months ago i passed on about 20 of these in a dollar box. i really hope i got at least one. i figured it was such a mass produced reprint, why bother.....

2 months ago you probably also passed on A deal like this :baiting:

100% correct.

I'll take all of the Alias #24's that you have. (thumbs u

100% correct.

Daredevil #4 :gossip:

100% correct.

+1

He may be one and done but the trailer showed so much potential. This character could create problems for most Marvel heroes. I had just 1 copy in my collection prior to the announcement of this TV series but have added 4 more since. Cage, Daredevil, Moon Knight, and Spider-man would all have issues defending themselves from his kind of attack.

100% correct.

Daredevil #4 :gossip:

Yea, those are pretty affordable.

---------

almost $30 for shipping for a VF #1 (maybe) would probably get me to pass today

Alias 1 was hot at the time I passed on the reprints. I just figured the reprints would be worthless.

---------

Alias 1 was hot at the time I passed on the reprints. I just figured the reprints would be worthless.

That was for the whole series.

---------

That was for the whole series.

did anyone care about any of the other issues until yesterday? by the time i get around to scanning and listing #24 it will be $1 again. also, VF, sometimes it is hard to move VFs. sometimes it is easy. but for the non-key books i suspect it will be hard.

Edited by the blob

I picked up my whole series for $32 (including a 9.4 #1 and a NM+ MGC reprint of #1) not much longer ago than that. I was the only bidder.

i'd have to double check my thread, but my recollection is that i sold a #1 here for over $30 like a year ago and it was not better than a NM, so i don't think there was any "it might be a 9.8" thing going on. the book was warm for a while.

I picked up my whole series for $32 (including a 9.4 #1 and a NM+ MGC reprint of #1) not much longer ago than that. I was the only bidder.

i'd have to double check my thread, but my recollection is that i sold a #1 here for over $30 like a year ago and it was not better than a NM, so i don't think there was any "it might be a 9.8" thing going on. the book was warm for a while.

Yeah, I mean... I think #1 was going for about $35 on ebay at the time & I was shocked that I threw in a bid, went to bed, woke up and found out not only had I won, but nobody else bid on it when it was a full-run (including 2 copies of #1 per the header, though the 2nd copy was a MGC reprint, which I was a little bummed when I got the package, but still...) I essentially paid ~FMV for a #1 and got a MGC reprint & the rest of the run for free alongside it when I grabbed mine.