• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gwenpool : from variant cvr to guest to own solo title

306 posts in this topic

That is a badass cover!!! Wow! Lucky man :) btw..why is cgc making up lies? Howard the duck 1 is Genpools 1st appearance ??? What!?!? Are the crazy to think the collectors and investers are so stupid? Its clear that Deadpool secret wars 2 Gwenpool variant is the 1st full apperance of Gwenpool. Its not a hand or a shadowy figure. Its her in full..even states Gwenpool on the Title..how silly..smh..smh. Very underminding and unprofessional not to mention dishonest on cgc part.

They have it right. :rulez: label is correct, but that means nothing as far as which book will be the one to own...

I agree. I think the secret wars title deserves something about it predating htd 1. If she's popular enough the secret wars variant could be more sought after because it really is a first appearance but whatever. The htd Gwenpool variant has a much lower print run though, so who knows?

No no no none of this predating nonsense.

DSSW2: "1st Appearance of Gwenpool"

HTD1: "1st Full Appearance of Gwenpool"

It's not rocket science.

Howard 1 actually has a very high print run. This is because its going to be highly ordered with regular covers and over ordered by shops to obtain the Ron Lim Variant. I think a commom sense guess would be 75,000-90,000+ The only hard to get and rare print will be the Ron Lim variant. As far as far as Secret wars 2 the print run is in the 70,000's About) with the Gwenpool variant of SW 2 being 1:25 as well as adirional open orders i if they ordered extra "Dead pool" that month. So I'm going ro take a crazy guess and say there are about 5,000+ Of that variant once demand for SW 2 rises (and it will) supply will be limited and the price will continue to go up as long as Marvel handles her with care. I have both the SW 2 Var. and the Howard 1 var. I do believe that SW 2 will be the more practical price wise as well as more important issue. SW 2 will be the one to keep in hopes of them expanding on her character. I want to say that many of you make very good points and my word is my opinion only. :)

Howard 1 actually has a very high print run. This is because its going to be highly ordered with regular covers and over ordered by shops to obtain the Ron Lim Variant. I think a commom sense guess would be 75,000-90,000+ The only hard to get and rare print will be the Ron Lim variant. As far as far as Secret wars 2 the print run is in the 70,000's About) with the Gwenpool variant of SW 2 being 1:25 as well as adirional open orders i if they ordered extra "Dead pool" that month. So I'm going ro take a crazy guess and say there are about 5,000+ Of that variant once demand for SW 2 rises (and it will) supply will be limited and the price will continue to go up as long as Marvel handles her with care. I have both the SW 2 Var. and the Howard 1 var. I do believe that SW 2 will be the more practical price wise as well as more important issue. SW 2 will be the one to keep in hopes of them expanding on her character. I want to say that many of you make very good points and my word is my opinion only. :)

The print run of the DSSW #2 has to be much higher than 5,000. There was no shortage of them at shops around here when it came out, by the amount of them on the shelf even a month after I just assumed it was a 1:1 ratio. My regular LCS's had an equal amount of them and the standard cover

Yes your local shop I'm shure ordered the extra Deadpool issues to qaulify for open orders of the variant. It certainly was not a 1:1 ratio it was listed as 1:25 with the special promotion during solicitation from diamond dist. What your comic shop has is not what all others may have. My guess of 5000 or more may be low. So even if I'm off a couple thousand...there not scarce by any means but when demand hits the roof there certainly will be harder to obtain.Like i said..the print run variants included was over 70,00 and there were many different variants. so you so the nath based on the numbers and give an educated gues. Don't just make an assumption based on "your local shop". :)

DSSW #2 was not a 1:25, and with it being a percentile variant, the ratio will never be determined. Some stores qualified to order as many as they want, others none at all making it to be a lower print run than most of you would think. Unless the store had ordered big on every Gwen variant, it just isn't likely that there are thousands of copies around.

Jaydam45, you have posted about this book in numerous threads, but I have to say DSSW #2 is her 1st cover appearance, and HTD #1 is her 1st Full Appearance. If anything, It will be labeled similar to the CM #17 2nd print, COVER APPEARANCE, PRE-DATES HTD #1.

...again!! Nobody not even you is answering the question??? How is it not her 1st full appearance ?? Hello??? Oh..that's rite. Because CGC said so! Lmfaooo

Gwenpool doesn't appear in the interior pages of DSSW #2, that's why.

Because being on a cover only doesn't count as a "1st full appearance" just as a cover and cameo isn't a 1st full appearance. See X-men 282 / 283 1st Bishop if you're still puzzled.

Having said that, the classification of DSSW #2 as 1st appearance of Gwenpool and HTD #1 as 1st full appearance of GP would be accurate, even though without the spoof cover there would be no GP

To you which is Wolverines 1st appearance?

IH 180

Or

IH 181

IH 180 because that's what the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe said it was in the early 1980's ;)

However OHTMU and CGC list Strange Tales #180 as Gamora's 1st appearance, which is clearly a cameo. Her 1st full appearance, plus her name reveal is in ST #181

**Another #181 key, something special about that issue number: Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Hulk, Strange Tales. Any I've missed?

Again...smh...smh. How do you answer an question with a question??? This alny fools children silly rabit. Are you going to answer the question? No?? Didn't think so ;) I chalange someone..please just answer a simple question without trying to flip it back on me. I am the asker if the question..its ok if you don't know the answer..again..we can just blame it on CGC's BS.

Again...smh...smh. How do you answer an question with a question??? This alny fools children silly rabit. Are you going to answer the question? No?? Didn't think so ;) I chalange someone..please just answer a simple question without trying to flip it back on me. I am the asker if the question..its ok if you don't know the answer..again..we can just blame it on CGC's BS.

Oh I love answering questions with questions! :grin:

1) Why do you feel these books are investment books?

2) What do you see occurring in the future to make the prices on these books (which skyrocketed out of the gate and is often a sign of a drastic decline) continue to grow?

3) Did you buy a large amount of these books and want to know the reason CGC just took away a little desire to own them or do you genuinely feel they messed it up?

4) Is GwenPool the real deal in your eyes enough where you feel she is here to stay?

I'm genuinely curious as you can see my answers below may drastically differ than yours but my opinion is only my own.

1) I do not.

2) I do not. I see a decline.

3) I have not owned a single copy.

4) I do not.

To answer your question: I see GP on a cover only and view it as a cameo. See below.

cameo:

2. a short descriptive literary sketch that neatly encapsulates someone or something.