• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gwenpool : from variant cvr to guest to own solo title

306 posts in this topic

BAM A.K.A. Fried Pie Variants are the plague. Avoid. Unless art by J. Scott Campbell or another superstar.

I've sold a couple for a nice profit. Just like anything you have to be selective. Even JSC Thor cover does not sell for a profit.

BAM A.K.A. Fried Pie Variants are the plague. Avoid. Unless art by J. Scott Campbell or another superstar.

I've sold a couple for a nice profit. Just like anything you have to be selective. Even JSC Thor cover does not sell for a profit.

I've averaged double BAM retail on the JSC Thors. My BAM mis-priced them and I got them for $4.00 vs the $8.00 SRP.

Deadpool, and a few others maybe are OK, but I only pull the 9.8 candidates from BAM which leaves a lot of books on the shelf. lol

With rare exception, I get Fried Pie variants for reading, because a lot of times they end up being cheaper than the regular cover... if you have a pull list with them, you get their exclusive variants for half off. But I agree, these Fried Pie variants tend to be pretty ugly. Only BAM/2nC exclusive I've found to be profitable were the first Star Wars #1 variants.

BARF :insane:

1492480673_zpscczlqrti.jpg

Scratches head her legs are 2 to 3 times bigger than her arms. Too many chimichangas, nordetrac, or did Liefeld draw this? hm

I am into graffiti art so Jim Mahfood AKA Food1 is up my alley. He has recently done some Tank Girl, Grrrl Scouts and other indy stuff. Check it out!

I'm pretty certain that htd 1 Lim variant is only a good investment for print run reasons. The regular covers of htd 1 will never reach the heat of the true 1at appearance on the cover of DPSSW 2 variant. I'm not knocking any of the books. She is a cool new character and I loved the Howard story as well :) I think it's just common sense that the book that started the phenomenon (Despool Secret Wars 2 variant) Will continue to be in the forefront of majority Gwenpool colectors.