• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does Mile High's site and online ordering suck?

46 posts in this topic

What is the deal with these guys? Do they not want my money?

I ordered a book about 3 weeks ago, paid through their primitive shopping cart, and have not received the book yet. I tried contacting them through the site over a week ago, however I still get no answer.

I've ordered from them before; which because of their poorly designed and implemented 1998 Geocities-looking site was still a less-than-ideal process, but at least I eventually got the books.

Has anyone else had to deal with this? Why is their online customer service so terrible? Didn't the owner just drop like $100k on some Star Wars variants for the shop? How come he can't spend $20k on decent online store? Sites for Midtown and Ultimate Comics are a way less trouble, so why does Mile high––one of the largest comic shops in the country––still suck?

Okay. Done with venting.

I've dealt with them before, and they're slower than Christmas. You're also correct about their website. It's miserable.

Mile High stands for the prices they put on their books. On top of that, they over-grade.

I hate to just dog somebody out, but there's really nothing good I can say about these guys.

They don't even need a full-time IT guy (not that they can't afford it). They could just use Shopify or Squarespace or whatever site that plugs into a POS and be done with it. Do they have anyone repping them on the boards? I'm not done griping.

Spurlock made a doc on Mile High? What's it called?

What is the deal with these guys? Do they not want my money?

I ordered a book about 3 weeks ago, paid through their primitive shopping cart, and have not received the book yet. I tried contacting them through the site over a week ago, however I still get no answer.

I've ordered from them before; which because of their poorly designed and implemented 1998 Geocities-looking site was still a less-than-ideal process, but at least I eventually got the books.

Has anyone else had to deal with this? Why is their online customer service so terrible? Didn't the owner just drop like $100k on some Star Wars variants for the shop? How come he can't spend $20k on decent online store? Sites for Midtown and Ultimate Comics are a way less trouble, so why does Mile high––one of the largest comic shops in the country––still suck?

Okay. Done with venting.

They are waiting for a similar copy to sell on Ebay for a higher price, then they will cancel the sale.

If you watch the documentary, he blames a lot of their poor sales on the changing of the times, and really played up the victim angle (calls with his wife about putting up the ohuse etc.)

At the same time he was shown refusing to bring any major keys, and didn't even want to part with his Red Robin 1 when an offer was on the table.

Nothing against the guy, he's obviously a legend doing what he does, but business in this economy requires you to be a bit less sentimental.

They don't even need a full-time IT guy (not that they can't afford it). They could just use Shopify or Squarespace or whatever site that plugs into a POS and be done with it. Do they have anyone repping them on the boards? I'm not done griping.

Spurlock made a doc on Mile High? What's it called?

If I could go back in time I would tell 11 year old me that not only do we go to comic con but we go so often that Stan Lee says hello to us, 11 year old me would look at me and say, "How did we get so fat?"

lol

I really am glad for any and all success that Kevin Smith has. Guy keeps it real.

Poor sales are because of crazy 'Mile High' prices.... (tsk)

You mean, like asking 26 bucks for a Spawn 64 in fine condition? :screwy:

mile7_zpsqfubv3tf.jpg

I really enjoyed walking around the store, which was eerily empty. But I'll take my cash elsewhere.

I think the real question is why someone would willingly part with their money on mile high?

Hey - the owner has cows tatooed next to his nipples. :shrug: I rest my case. :sumo:

I think the real question is why someone would willingly part with their money on mile high?

Hey - the owner has cows tatooed next to his nipples. :shrug: I rest my case. :sumo:

What you call 'cows' he calls his spirit animals.

If you watch the documentary, he blames a lot of their poor sales on the changing of the times, and really played up the victim angle (calls with his wife about putting up the ohuse etc.)

At the same time he was shown refusing to bring any major keys, and didn't even want to part with his Red Robin 1 when an offer was on the table.

Nothing against the guy, he's obviously a legend doing what he does, but business in this economy requires you to be a bit less sentimental.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-14%20at%207.23.31%20AM_zpshu3o7wf5.png

I'm seeing an awful trend of a minority of dealers asking for undergraded copies at 9.8 prices for unslabbed books. It's happening online and at cons.

Ultimately their own business practices will be their success or demise. They can't rely on the market or customer perceptions to change in their positive direction. They need to adapt to their customers, not the other way around.