• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE INCREDIBLES 2 (2017?)

71 posts in this topic

Noooooooooooooooooo...

John Lasseter to take a leave of absence from Pixar amid "missteps"

Disney Animation head honcho John Lasseter is taking a leave of absence from Pixar after recognizing "painful" conversations and unspecified "missteps," he penned in a memo issued to staff members on Tuesday.

I have always wanted our animation studios to be places where creators can explore their vision with the support and collaboration of other gifted animators and storytellers. This kind of creative culture takes constant vigilance to maintain. It’s built on trust and respect, and it becomes fragile if any members of the team don’t feel valued. As a leader, it’s my responsibility to ensure that doesn’t happen; and I now believe I have been falling short in this regard.

I’ve recently had a number of difficult conversations that have been very painful for me. It’s never easy to face your missteps, but it’s the only way to learn from them. As a result, I’ve been giving a lot of thought to the leader I am today compared to the mentor, advocate and champion I want to be. It’s been brought to my attention that I have made some of you feel disrespected or uncomfortable. That was never my intent. Collectively, you mean the world to me, and I deeply apologize if I have let you down. I especially want to apologize to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of an unwanted hug or any other gesture they felt crossed the line in any way, shape, or form. No matter how benign my intent, everyone has the right to set their own boundaries and have them respected.

In my conversations with Disney, we are united in our commitment to always treat any concerns you have with the seriousness they deserve, and to address them in an appropriate manner. We also share a desire to reinforce the vibrant, respectful culture that has been the foundation of our studios’ success since the beginning. And we agree the first step in that direction is for me to take some time away to reflect on how to move forward from here. As hard as it is for me to step away from a job I am so passionate about and a team I hold in the highest regard, not just as artists but as people, I know it’s the best thing for all of us right now. My hope is that a six-month sabbatical will give me the opportunity to start taking better care of myself, to recharge and be inspired, and ultimately return with the insight and perspective I need to be the leader you deserve.

I’m immensely proud of this team, and I know you will continue to wow the world in my absence. I wish you all a wonderful holiday season and look forward to working together again in the new year.

John

THE INCREDIBLES 2 Puts Elastigirl Front-And-Center On A "Full-Fledged" Adventure

156184.jpg

Speaking to EW, writer-director Brad Bird shed light on the overal synopsis of the film, reaffirming, “Incredibles 2 picks up, literally, where the first film left off, with Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl battling The Underminer, while Violet and Dash are stuck with babysitting Jack-Jack." Bird would refuse to elaborate anymore, but did add "there are a lot more superheroics in store for our 'family dynamic.'"

Actress Holly Hunter, who plays Elastigrl, teased of her expanded role: “Helen’s appetite for adventure comes to the fore. Whereas before, she was driven to become Mrs. Incredible out of necessity, where she went into it to save her husband, I think this time she really meets her own ambition head-on. The ambition of being an adventure is something that we get to explore.”

Hunter described Elastigirl's journey in the film as a "full-fledged" adventure with her character in particular having "a real incredible sense of competitiveness and ambition."

"She throws down the gauntlet in this one. It’s so much fun to see a woman luxuriating in those two arenas, because women have for so many generations been brought up to not be ambitious or to not be competitive, and it’s fun to see Helen basking in those two arenas in much the same way that we give men license to do.”

Box Office: ‘Incredibles 2’ Tracking for Supercharged $140 Million Opening

Disney-Pixar’s “Incredibles 2” is heading for a supercharged opening weekend of at least $140 million in North America.

Early tracking released on Thursday showed that unaided awareness was at 30% and total awareness was at an impressive 96%, with “definite interest” at 61%. “Incredibles 2” was the first choice among 13% of those surveyed.

Disney’s new distribution chief Cathleen Taff noted last month at CinemaCon that the teaser trailer for “Incredibles 2” was the most-watched animated teaser ever, with more than 113 million views in the first 24 hours.

The sequel picks up right after the 2004 original, with Craig T. Nelson returning as the voice of Bob Parr, Holly Hunter as Elastigirl, and Samuel L. Jackson as Frozone. Brad Bird, who voices fashion designer Edna Mode, is back to direct. New additions to the voice cast include Bob Odenkirk, Catherine Keener, Sophia Bush, and Isabella Rossellini.