• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE INCREDIBLES 2 (2017?)

71 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2018 at 8:06 PM, Drummy said:

Going on Friday night!  Loved the first one.

Dan

Saw it yesterday with Mrs. Sensei and Sensei Jr. #1. It is great. If I had to rank this one with the first, I'd put the first one ahead by a little more than a nose. It is entertaining start to finish. Very good job by Pixar.

The short film before the main film 2 is quite well done, too. One scene had the people in our theater laughing a good 15 seconds.

2 hours ago, Ijiwaru Sensei said:

Saw it yesterday with Mrs. Sensei and Sensei Jr. #1. It is great. If I had to rank this one with the first, I'd put the first one ahead by a little more than a nose. It is entertaining start to finish. Very good job by Pixar.

The short film before the main film 2 is quite well done, too. One scene had the people in our theater laughing a good 15 seconds.

Glad to hear this. I wasn't going to go see it until a later time, but now with so many positive reviews it definately moves to the top of my list of movies to see this summer. (thumbsu

40 minutes ago, drotto said:

Biggest animated movie opening of all time $180.  Congratulations, well deserved.

Perfect cue.

"Incredibles 2" flexed its muscles at the box office this weekend.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/17/media/incredibles-2-box-office/index.html

The Disney and Pixar film premiered to an estimated $180 million at the domestic box office this weekend. The sequel to the popular 2004 computer animated film soared past the record for biggest animated film opening in box office history by $45 million.

That record belonged to another Pixar film, "Finding Dory," which opened to roughly $135 million two summers ago.

So far the film brought in $231.5 million around the world.

The box office accomplishments of "Incredibles 2" goes beyond just animation, however. The film, which stars the vocal talents of Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter and Samuel L. Jackson, is the third largest opening of the year. Only "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Black Panther," two other superhero films by Disney's Marvel Studios, have had bigger openings.

This was a freakin good movie.  Lines were big big big everywhere.  But you should watch it.

I still contend the Incredibles is the best possible thing the Fantastic Four was supposed to be.  Similar powers, focused on family.

The train scene was one of my favorite 'smart use of powers' scenes in any superhero movie ever.

Also, I'm not sure I'd put this in the same category as other superhero movies, even though it definitely is one.  Its a kids/family animated PIXAR movie that happens to be about superheroes.

I saw it this weekend.  It was "more of the same" from the Incredibles, which is a good thing because I've seen the original movie a few dozen times.  I'm not sure how well it will hold up after a dozen viewings, it seems like there were some slower scenes but that may be because Jack-Jack scenes were so entertaining and there weren't enough of them. I also could have used more Frozone and more Edna, and the villain's motivations were kinda weak... since the villain just wanted things to stay the same.  If that's evil, then things were already evil even before the villain showed up. :kidaround: