• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE INCREDIBLES 2 (2017?)

71 posts in this topic

the-incredibles-slice.jpg

Brad Bird Talks ‘Incredibles 2’, the -script, and More

Bird started writing the -script for the film earlier this year, and he provided a brief status update on where he was in the process:

"I have the story arc. I’m probably three-quarters through the -script, first pass through the -script, but we’re already boarding parts of it. I’ve got a lot of people that worked on the first one working on it, so we’re all having a good time with it."

As for what we can expect from the upcoming sequel, Bird didn’t divulge any plot details (no surprise there), but he did note that there are far more superhero movies out there than there were when The Incredibles was released in 2004:

"But what’s changed is there were only two other superhero franchises at the time Incredibles came out. One of them was X-Men and the other was Spider-Man, and now there are 400 billion of them and there’s a new superhero movie every two weeks. What you don’t want to do is trot over the same turf in the same way everyone else is. So we’re trying to keep it focused in the area that our film was, which was a little bit more about characters and relationships and stuff like that, and see where that takes us. But we’re having a good time."

The Incredibles 2 Director Plans To Take Characters In A New Direction

incredibles-112674.jpg

Bird did address the project briefly in a recent interview with EW.

“I don’t like unwrapping presents before Christmas,” he says, laughing — but he did confirm that work on the sequel is well underway. “It’s very actively moving, and we’re excited about it,” he said. “[We’re] trying to take it in some new directions.”

Part of what endeared the original to so many fans was its delightful cast of grounded characters, and while you will definitely recognize them, Bird is hoping to take them to some new places.

“Hopefully, it’s the same characters and feel, but going in a new direction,” Bird added. “I mean, that’s the trick with a sequel. It’s repeating yourself, without repeating yourself.”

Back when the project was originally announced, Bird said many of the base ideas for the sequel were ideas that went unused in the original film.

“Oh yeah I have pages, a bunch of pages," Bird told Collider. "I had a lot of ideas for the original Incredibles that I didn’t get a chance to use, that I like. I have ideas that I wanted to pursue a little bit and there wasn’t enough time in Incredibles. There are new ideas I have, and I think there are enough of those together to make an interesting movie. I’m just focusing on getting Tomorrowland out into the world and playing with the Incredibles sandbox again.”

:whee:

Pixar's THE INCREDIBLES Sequel Moves Up To Summer 2018

Back in 2015, Disney dated the long awaited sequel to Brad Bird's The Incredibles (2004) for June 21, 2019 but it now appears that either Bird is ahead of schedule or Toy Story 4 is having development issues as the two films have swapped release dates, with the animated superhero follow up now slated to hit North American theaters on June 15, 2018.

Previously, Bird stated that his sequel will look to, "Hopefully it’s the same characters and feel, but going in a new direction. I mean, that’s the trick with a sequel. It’s repeating yourself, without repeating yourself."

In a separate interview, he also added, "I think that the greatest special effect is caring about a character. A lot of movies seem to forget that, and they bring out a lot of fireballs and then wonder why the fireballs don't have that much impact, no matter how loud and how big they are. But the truth is that the fireball isn't that exciting unless you care about the person running from it."

We Might Have Our First Look At Disney's THE INCREDIBLES 2

DEJew_Ao_XUAIc_JCE.jpg

Disney-owned Pixar's sequel to The Incredibles is currently slated to arrive in the summer of 2018 on June 15.  This current year's D23 expo is the only chance the fan convention will have to show off the project so Brad Bird will be in attendance along with producers Nicole Paradis Grindle and John Walker.

Over on the official D23 app, a page with info on the event also features the below art work which could be concept art for the sequel.  However, it's also possible that it's just a placeholder. If it's the former, then it's likely that not much time will have passed since the first film as none of the characters appear to have aged much.

Expect more news on the sequel to drop next week at D23.

THE INCREDIBLES 2 Will Start Right Where The First Film Left Off

the_incredibles_2_news.jpg

IGN caught up with Disney Pixar chief John Lasseter at D23, where he confirmed that The Incredibles 2 will pick up right where the first one ended.  

"It starts right as the first one finishes, so it just carries on," said Lasseter, who specified that only  "a minute" will have passed between films. "It starts with the Underminer and a big old set piece. You know that at the end of the first movie when he comes up and you see the family dressed as superheroes, well that’s where start this movie."

Of course this news dashes the hopes of fans who wanted an equal amount of time to have lapsed since the film's 2004 release.

The Incredibles 2 Teaser Trailer to Premiere With Coco

The first trailer for The Incredibles 2 is coming soon just in time to be attached to Coco. As part of the Disney machine, Pixar has become even more finely tuned over the past few years. The studio released two movies within a single year for the first time in 2015 (with Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur), and will do it again this year. Pixar unveiled Cars 3 back in the summer, and has Coco hitting theaters two weeks from now, building on its positive pre-release buzz.

TrailerTrack is reporting that the first teaser trailer for The Incredibles 2 has been classified and is all-but-certain to premiere in theaters with Coco on Wednesday, November 22 – though it may arrive online before then. The trailer will definite be a “teaser”, seeing as it’s only listed at 60 seconds long, but that should still be plenty of time for Pixar to get fans excited.

The Incredibles 2 release date: Jun 15, 2018

On 9/16/2015 at 12:15 AM, TheLiamSturgess said:

They did the team much more justice than any of the actual FF films. So I'm sticking with the Incredibles (thumbs u

+1

I loved the first film.  Glad to learn they're taking their time with this one - like to see them get it right.

Edited by namisgr

INCREDIBLES 2 Teaser Trailer Confirmed For Tomorrow; Check Out The Announcement Promo

The first teaser trailer for Dsiney/Pixar's long-awaied sequel to The Incredibles will be with us tommorow! Confirmation comes courtesy of the teaser video below, which unfortunately doesn't contain any actual footage from the movie. We do get a little giggle from Jack-Jack, however.

The footage is expected to air on ESPN during College Game Day tomorrow. The Week 12 game kicks off at noon, so be sure to keep an eye out from then.

In addition, The Tracking Board reports that Bob Odenkirk and Catherine Keener have joined the voice-cast, though we don't have any details on their characters.

The Incredibles 2 hits theaters June 15, 2018.