70 posts in this topic

32,005 posts

Looking forward to this one.  

75,802 posts

75,802 posts

9,223 posts

Mid July for we Brits.

2,395 posts

Going on Friday night!  Loved the first one.

Dan

7,291 posts
On 6/11/2018 at 8:06 PM, Drummy said:

Going on Friday night!  Loved the first one.

Dan

Saw it yesterday with Mrs. Sensei and Sensei Jr. #1. It is great. If I had to rank this one with the first, I'd put the first one ahead by a little more than a nose. It is entertaining start to finish. Very good job by Pixar.

The short film before the main film 2 is quite well done, too. One scene had the people in our theater laughing a good 15 seconds.

25,332 posts
2 hours ago, Ijiwaru Sensei said:

Saw it yesterday with Mrs. Sensei and Sensei Jr. #1. It is great. If I had to rank this one with the first, I'd put the first one ahead by a little more than a nose. It is entertaining start to finish. Very good job by Pixar.

The short film before the main film 2 is quite well done, too. One scene had the people in our theater laughing a good 15 seconds.

Glad to hear this. I wasn't going to go see it until a later time, but now with so many positive reviews it definately moves to the top of my list of movies to see this summer. (thumbsu

1,671 posts

Biggest animated movie opening of all time $180.  Congratulations, well deserved.

25,332 posts
40 minutes ago, drotto said:

Biggest animated movie opening of all time $180.  Congratulations, well deserved.

Perfect cue.

"Incredibles 2" flexed its muscles at the box office this weekend.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/17/media/incredibles-2-box-office/index.html

The Disney and Pixar film premiered to an estimated $180 million at the domestic box office this weekend. The sequel to the popular 2004 computer animated film soared past the record for biggest animated film opening in box office history by $45 million.

That record belonged to another Pixar film, "Finding Dory," which opened to roughly $135 million two summers ago.

So far the film brought in $231.5 million around the world.

The box office accomplishments of "Incredibles 2" goes beyond just animation, however. The film, which stars the vocal talents of Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter and Samuel L. Jackson, is the third largest opening of the year. Only "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Black Panther," two other superhero films by Disney's Marvel Studios, have had bigger openings.

17,755 posts

I loved the first Incredibles movie.  It's one of my favorite movies.  So I had high expectations.  They were met.  Loved the sequel every bit as much as the original. 

Thank you, Pixar. :cloud9:

25,332 posts

With this being a huge hit to go along with Black Panther, Avengers Infinity War and Deadpool 2 it looks like superhero fatigue still hasn't set in.

Super hero movies continue to dominate mainstream movie theatres. 

:preach:

23,056 posts

Incredibles 2 was great! My family and I loved it and the whole theater applauded at the end. Will watch it again at some point for sure.

18,254 posts

This was a freakin good movie.  Lines were big big big everywhere.  But you should watch it.

I still contend the Incredibles is the best possible thing the Fantastic Four was supposed to be.  Similar powers, focused on family.

The train scene was one of my favorite 'smart use of powers' scenes in any superhero movie ever.

Also, I'm not sure I'd put this in the same category as other superhero movies, even though it definitely is one.  Its a kids/family animated PIXAR movie that happens to be about superheroes.

7,692 posts
Posted (edited)

Saw it today in 3-D. Great movie. Jack, Jack stoled the show.

7(very close to an 8) out of 10.

Please do more.....:wishluck:

Edited by The Brain

1,671 posts

Sets a Tuesday record with 27 million.  Schools out, families are going to see this in droves.  See how much Jurrasic World chips away at I2, but betting this film has legs.

9,364 posts

I saw it this weekend.  It was "more of the same" from the Incredibles, which is a good thing because I've seen the original movie a few dozen times.  I'm not sure how well it will hold up after a dozen viewings, it seems like there were some slower scenes but that may be because Jack-Jack scenes were so entertaining and there weren't enough of them. I also could have used more Frozone and more Edna, and the villain's motivations were kinda weak... since the villain just wanted things to stay the same.  If that's evil, then things were already evil even before the villain showed up. :kidaround:

15,129 posts

2nd best Incredibles movie.  still great but couldn't possibly capture the wow factor of the original. every second of Edna was a treasure. jack jack stole the show. 

1,515 posts

Saw it today, imo it wasn't near as good as the first.