• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Boba Fett appearance
1 1

46 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, valiantman said:

The first appearance is not Star Wars #42, but if Star Wars #42 is so loved because it's the first Boba Fett cover, ummm... 

0502507007_1200.jpg

This one's my favorite. Mostly because I'm trying to track down a couple of decent, but not too expensive, copies. These buggers are hard to find, even in Penceland.

When I see these discussions (and I have started a few), I take this stance: suppose there was a car, the first one produced. Its classic, sure. But then a year later, they released the new model and holy cannoli is it a a thing of beauty. So people pay more for it. But there will always be others who take pride in owning the "true" first, the market demands the cooler looking version wins.

Case in point, Hulk 181 vs 180. You gonna try to tell me 180 has a better cover? HA!

ASM 300 vs ASM 299. You gonna still try to argue which cover is better? No Chance (pun intended).

This I feel applies to every case 

On 1/23/2020 at 2:35 PM, valiantman said:

The first appearance is not Star Wars #42, but if Star Wars #42 is so loved because it's the first Boba Fett cover, ummm... 

0502507007_1200.jpg

:whistle:

This is art swiped (crudely) from the first page splash to MSS #16 (paperback or mag). If it was new artwork, maybe you'd have a case. As is, no soup for you. :whistle:

Edited by comicwiz

14 hours ago, comicwiz said:

This is art swiped (crudely) from the first page splash to MSS #16 (paperback or mag). If it was new artwork, maybe you'd have a case. As is, no soup for you. :whistle:

Are you saying it's not the first Boba Fett cover?  'Cuz I don't see him on MSS#16.

47 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Are you saying it's not the first Boba Fett cover?  'Cuz I don't see him on MSS#16.

I'm saying it doesn't qualify as a first cover appearance because it reprints interior page art that had been published prior.

sw42.jpg

Edited by comicwiz