• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo Canada, Sept 1-4, 2016

560 posts in this topic

Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread, been reading bits of it over the past couple months.

It sounds like there won't be a grading booth at the con right? Can't bring any books I want to get CGC to grade.

If that's true, what's the way to get SS books if I bring books for sigs?

It's disappointing CGC couldn't make it happen this year, but they have a full staff compliment elsewhere that weekend so the Vendors doing sig series include:

COMIC SKETCH ART (visit Frank Miller's booths on the Pro Wall)

GOTHAM CENTRAL in the vendor areas in the north and south buildings

ALL NEW COMICS (Comic Book Lounge) in the South Building booth 510

as well I believe Stan Lee has an official rep at the booth in his area.

It's disappointing CGC couldn't make it happen this year, but they have a full staff compliment elsewhere that weekend so the Vendors doing sig series include:

COMIC SKETCH ART (visit Frank Miller's booths on the Pro Wall)

GOTHAM CENTRAL in the vendor areas in the north and south buildings

ALL NEW COMICS (Comic Book Lounge) in the South Building booth 510

as well I believe Stan Lee has an official rep at the booth in his area.

Great thanks Kevin

Kevin,

I know I have been a pain in the , but can I please have some further clarification.

Stan Lee backstage, does that also give me priority seating to his Q&A Sunday morning?

Is there any diffence between the 2 Q&A's (Thursday and Sunday)?

For the Frank Miller experience package, which Frank Miller Q&A does it give us priority seating at The DK3 team panel (Saturday) or the Frank Miller Q&A (Sunday)? Line bypass autograph is for Saturday or Sunday? As well, the print being given is that signed or not signed and is it the same one being given with the premium and VIP passes?

Frank Miller autograph tickets are based on a lottery system and we can't just line up and get a ticket? Can we win a ticket at both Miller panels/Q&A's?

The Quesada package, the meet and greet is either Thursday evening or Friday morning, if we choose the Thursday experience will there be enough time to get to the Stan Lee Q&A? When Saturday is the other Quesada events? Is there anything else we need to know about this. As well, we can have the head sketch on our own blanks? How long do all last and where will they be taking place?

I didn't notice, I know ComicSketchArt will have a booth, but will Janson, Azarrello and Kubert have a booth or signing times?

When do online sales for these packages closes?

Trying to plan out all panels to avoid conflicts and thank you for your patience!

The question that needs to be asked is if Del Toro will be at the Strain Season 3 panel.

IT SAYS THE CAST AND CREW WILL BE THERE!

Jimmy, are you getting your Goldberg autograph or adding the Mario voice actor to your Slater Mario book?

I might do John Cusack. That would probably be the only CGC SS book i'd do at the show.

OH

MY

GOD

ARI!!!!

--- Stan Lee backstage, does that also give me priority seating to his Q&A Sunday morning?

NO. It gives you priority seating for the panel before the backstage event for which people are going backstage to!

--- Is there any diffence between the 2 Q&A's (Thursday and Sunday)?

I hope so! I'm sure the mod has different questions and people will ask different questions.

--- For the Frank Miller experience package, which Frank Miller Q&A does it give us priority seating at The DK3 team panel (Saturday) or the Frank Miller Q&A (Sunday)? Line bypass autograph is for Saturday or Sunday? As well, the print being given is that signed or not signed and is it the same one being given with the premium and VIP passes?

My head hurts after reading that. Okay so if you bought the Frank Miller Experience Saturday Ticket, logically you have priority seating for the DKIII panel on Saturday and priority line access to his Saturday signing. If you bought the Frank Miller Sunday Experience ticket you get priority seating to the Sunday Frank Miller Celebrity Q&A event and priority access to that day's signing. The print is the same for both days and is not signed and is the same for those who bought the other Miller packages that included a Frank Miller print.

---- Frank Miller autograph tickets are based on a lottery system and we can't just line up and get a ticket? Can we win a ticket at both Miller events

So no, yesterday I was told we were going with first come first serve no holding spots kind of line. However, I'm sure I will be given a detailed plan for this which I'll relay once it's been detailed.

--- The Quesada package, the meet and greet is either Thursday evening or Friday morning, if we choose the Thursday experience will there be enough time to get to the Stan Lee Q&A? When Saturday is the other Quesada events? Is there anything else we need to know about this. As well, we can have the head sketch on our own blanks? How long do all last and where will they be taking place?

Writing this out was literally splitting my skull open so I went to this page - and thankfully the times are listed for each package. http://fanexpocanada.com/joe-quesada-fan-experiences/ and going to the Thursday at 7pm Ultimate Experience means no Stan Q&A since that is at 8pm in the North building and anyone going from one to the other knows that there's almost no way to do that quickly. Yes for the Ultimate Experience head sketches you can bring your own blanks or a sketchbook. He'll be doing them at those two times.

--- I didn't notice, I know ComicSketchArt will have a booth, but will Janson, Azarrello and Kubert have a booth or signing times?

The Frank Miller tables on the floor plan is where ComicSketchArt is based. Janson, Azzarello and Kubert are seated right there next to those booths and they will be signing there mostly throughout the weekend. They aren't signing in the signing areas.

When do online sales for these packages closes?

---- I think end of the day August 31st at which point whatever is left shifts to onsite box office.

Trying to plan out all panels to avoid conflicts and thank you for your patience!

Im trying not to fan boy out too much but meeting Mark Hamill is pretty damn exciting. Also nice to see Stan will be at his booth all 4 days as well. Hope I get to at least say hi to him this time and not be rushed off. This years Fan Ex is looking really good. The exclusives this year are all awesome as well . That was my biggest complaint last year.