• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo Canada, Sept 1-4, 2016

560 posts in this topic

As well, I want the show to continue to grow the comic side and not just focus on growing the celebrity side of the show. Panels, signings, publishers being present.

Yes those things are definitely on the list of things to work on. Stronger programming is high on the list, as well as getting publishers back to the show. From my p.o.v. having the celebs in the North building is great for comics, we have the space to work, grow and improve.

As well, I want the show to continue to grow the comic side and not just focus on growing the celebrity side of the show. Panels, signings, publishers being present.

Yes those things are definitely on the list of things to work on. Stronger programming is high on the list, as well as getting publishers back to the show. From my p.o.v. having the celebs in the North building is great for comics, we have the space to work, grow and improve.

Thanks! And yes it was Fradon. Just want to see this show continue to grow and with you onboard again it is now going in a better direction. All those names mentioned were either at Baltimore, NYCC or in terms of Miller guest of honour at the upcoming Paris show that he is attending.

I assume it is an uphill battle next year with multiple American shows on the same weekend.

I wouldn't take it that way. Don't assume that we're the underdog in a competitive market. This is the 3rd largest event of it's kind in North America that we're talking about.

Guest list for Fan Expo Canada is coming together really nicely, with some really cool comic guests who haven't been here, or haven't been for a while who we get asked for regularly. Meanwhile, keep an eye out for comic guest announcements for the March Toronto ComiCON this week, Rob Liefeld (announced yesterday) leads off the announcements, which will come in two batches.

1st Guest! Tickets go on sale April 1st!

STAN LEE RETURNS FOR HIS LAST CANADIAN APPEARANCE

MEET THE LEGEND HIMSELF AT FAN EXPO CANADA™

Stan Lee, the creator of the X-Men, Spider-Man, and Iron Man, returns to Toronto by popular demand!

At 93, the legendary creator has enjoyed an extraordinary career that spans over seven decades. We are proud and excited to announce that he has chosen FAN EXPO CANADA™ as his last Canadian appearance. Don't miss this unique opportunity to meet the legend himself!

I think you'll probably see him continue to do shows closer to home as opposed to far away, or out of country.

Stan explains it himself further in this interview with the Toronto Sun, published this afternoon:

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/18/stan-lee-announces-final-canadian-appearance

And we're off! Now that TCC has wrapped it's time to start moving on Fan Expo Canada!

Hope everyone is enjoying Marvel's Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix: I just finished episode 5 this morning...

CHARLIE COX

Matt Murdock/Daredevil (also Boardwalk Empire)

Appearing on Sunday, September 4th

JON BERNTHAL

Frank Castle/The Punisher (also Walking Dead)

ELDEN HENSON

Foggy Nelson

The Dark Knight III: The Master Race team comics to Toronto in September:

'

FRANK MILLER

KLAUS JANSON

BRIAN AZZARELLO

ANDY KUBERT

Kevin can you provide further clarification on how things are working with the Dark Knight team. Are they charging for signatures? What is the whole $1200 and $99 opportunities? Are they both meet and greets? With a VIP pass do we still get line bypass with Frank? The Q&A is that paid only?....