• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo Canada, Sept 1-4, 2016

560 posts in this topic

I've always liked the Dallas shows, so I'm happy to have this one within a reasonable driving distance, so long as I can plan.

Would love to attend again, and I have my Enhanced Michigan Driver's License, so I can use that for ID at the border!

On the dealers side, I had a hard time getting anything I wanted.... I know some of you are dealers here but I'm not sure how or why you were charging so far and above gpa for so many books. 1000$ for a BA12 cgc 8.5? Really guys? Any time I tried to talk to them and work out a deal I was met with that's the price, take it or go. I'm not sure if some of you were just there to show off your collections or actually sell books.

Ugh! I hate hearing this! doh!

I'm not sure if you stopped by my booth, but you would have been treated like royalty if you did. I wish you introduced yourself, as I love meeting boardies. Plus, boardies get better deals.

I had 4 BA 12s on my wall. 8.5, 9.0, 9.2, 9.6

If you saw the 8.5, it was priced at $700. I would have offered you a better price if you asked me.

If you asked me for a deal on any single item in my booth, you would have received a discount.

Next time, say hi, introduce yourself, and get yourself a good deal on whatever you're looking for. (thumbs u

Andy

Sorry Andy, Just got back from toronto, sorry for the late reply.

In your defence and my stupidity I didn't tell anyone I was a board member or dealer. I don't normally do that as it just kind of feels weird to me haha. Next year rest assured I will introduce myself.

Maybe we need some kind of funky secret handshake or silly badge haha

There were a LOT of booths tho with some really high prices... I understand the US conversion but they were still really high.

In my defense i'm not overyly comfortable trying to get a deal haha I always feel like I'm insulting the seller... case in point Harleys booth. I walked away feeling like my offer was a slap in the face ;/

Iceman: I looked all over for your booth but couldn't find it :( the 1100 isle was really confusing!

Kinda sad I couldnt find some books I was looking for tho like the Adam Hughes Catwoman Lost cover or the Finch Psylocke mini.

On another point from my previous post....

I went down to Gotham Central today and spoke to Carlos. Not only did he remember me, he remembered my book that was subbed really really late. All my paperwork is squared away now and I feel 100% better about my submissions thru him

Not only that, I got a great deal from him on a book at his store today so two huge thumbs up to Carlos at Gotham central and to his buddy James who was an awesome witness for me!

I will be using them again!! Kudos guys!

In your defence and my stupidity I didn't tell anyone I was a board member or dealer.

You shouldn't.

In my defense i'm not overyly comfortable trying to get a deal haha I always feel like I'm insulting the seller... case in point Harleys booth. I walked away feeling like my offer was a slap in the face ;/

I deal with Harley all the time. Harley doesn't feel insulted with an offer. It's either a 'yes' or a 'no' with him. He doesn't care either way IMO. If he doesn't accept your offer it's likely because he thinks he can get more elsewhere for the book.

No need to say your a dealer, flipper, collector, mom with a van or anything like that but please say hey I'm on the boards! Its always great meeting guys I've interacted with. I'm still waiting to bump into Roy but he chose Baltimore instead. :baiting:

I feel like a broken record but I hate hate hated my spot :sumo: I'm not surprised you couldn't find me lol I'm not sure if your a TO native but I'll be at the TCBS show at the end of the month (if your anywhere in the area and haven't been strictly comics no trinkets).

I know of a single spot that has opened in the 600 aisle for next year, as a friend is giving up his spot to do something different. See if Gurmeet can get you moved over there - did you just have just the one table?

I know of a single spot that has opened in the 600 aisle for next year, as a friend is giving up his spot to do something different. See if Gurmeet can get you moved over there - did you just have just the one table?

I only have 1 this year but have requested to move and get 2 spots for next year if possible. I would like to cuddle next to Andy

I only have 1 this year but have requested to move and get 2 spots for next year if possible. I would like to cuddle next to Andy

That would be SO dreamboat. Huge fingers crossed I get to be within spitting distance of you guys. :wishluck:

That would be SO dreamboat. Huge fingers crossed I get to be within spitting distance of you guys. :wishluck:

You do have huge fingers. hm

Is this real?

This is apparently from the March Fan Expo show, don't remember seeing a foil variant.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Spider-Man-Deadpool-3-METAL-cover-Fan-Expo-Liefeld-variant-Rare-Rare-Rare-/262639490741?hash=item3d268896b5:g:IAUAAOSwPCVX5V6Y