• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo Canada, Sept 1-4, 2016

560 posts in this topic

Im trying not to fan boy out too much but meeting Mark Hamill is pretty damn exciting. Also nice to see Stan will be at his booth all 4 days as well. Hope I get to at least say hi to him this time and not be rushed off. This years Fan Ex is looking really good. The exclusives this year are all awesome as well . That was my biggest complaint last year.

So... bad news on all four days for Stan at his booth. Because of his arrival time he'll probably not get any booth time on Thursday. He'll go right to the Q&A at 8pm followed by his Backstage event. He'll be there every other day though.

This show is so massive, so many details, so many overlapping events and schedules. We're very excited because I think this one is the most amazing shows we've assembled to date.

Mark Hamill is appearing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

His booth number in the Celebrity Autograph Area (North Building) is C33

He will be signing there in and around his special events and photo-ops.

Marvel Comics will be joining us at Fan Expo Canada 2016! We are happy to welcome editor Darren Shan who will be holding portfolio reviews daily in the comics signing area --- and on Friday, September 2nd we have a late addition to the panel schedule that we think you will want to check out.

Darren will be appearing in the comics signing area at the following times for portfolio reviews:

Thursday 6-7pm

Friday 5-6pm

Saturday 3-4pm

Sunday 1-2pm

BREAKING INTO COMICS THE MARVEL WAY

Friday @ 2:45

Are you a writer or artist? Ever dream of working for Marvel? Do you find yourself thinking, “I could do that…if I knew how!” Well, here’s your chance! Join Marvel Editor Darren Shan and a host of Marvel talent including Mahmud Asrar (All-New All-Different Avengers), John Tyler Christopher (Marvel Action Figure Variants) and other guests to find out the answers on how to get your foot in the door and make your job MARVEL!

DC Comics Editors Ellie Pyle and Brian Cunningham will be holding two 2-hour portfolio review sessions at Fan Expo Canada in the comics signing area.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 2

5-7 PM

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3

1-3 PM

As well, DC Comics will be hosting special programming events at Fan Expo Canada

FRIDAY @ 11:45

DC COMICS: REBIRTH

SATURDAY @ 11:30

DC COMICS: DARK KNIGHT III WITH FRANK MILLER, BRIAN AZZARELLO, ANDY KUBERT & KLAUS JANSON

SATURDAY @ 4:15

DC COMICS: MY SECRET ORIGIN

SUNDAY @11:45

DC COMICS: ART MASTERS

Harley Yee

Since Harley takes up half an aisle with his inventory and he is in the habit of not being in Baltimore, I'd expect Harley to be in Fan Expo in full force next year with a 'B list' set up in Baltimore as he does most years.

He's probably done this before but with him also having a presence at the San Francisco show this weekend I believe he's pulling off three cons in one weekend...

I realize this question has been asked but I wanted to be clear about getting CGC signature witnesses as once the show starts the madness begins. What is the protocol of getting witnesses? Is there a cost involved? Are there booths that are acting as witnesses and then sending books to CGC on behalf of people?

I realize this question has been asked but I wanted to be clear about getting CGC signature witnesses as once the show starts the madness begins. What is the protocol of getting witnesses? Is there a cost involved? Are there booths that are acting as witnesses and then sending books to CGC on behalf of people?

Yes, talk to Doug Peters at the comic sketch art booth beside the frank miller booth. He is taking submissions and will provide witnesses. there is a charge obviously, I believe 55$ For artist signatures and 75$ for celeb signatures. This includes CGC fast track and shipping. You are also free to sub thru Doug on your own CGC account and pay a service fee. These fees do NOT include any artist or celeb fees for the actual autograph, so if you are getting Mark hamill you will still need to pay mark hamills autograph fee on top of the other cgc fees.

Gotham Central is taking submissions for cgc as well.

Simply go up to one of these booths introduce yourself and let them know that you will need a witness for a signature.

Now as far as ive gotten out of it, some artists like Frank Miller, Joe Quesada and such you will need a special ticket for a CGC sig. Or you can simply leave your books and they will be signed for you, again for a fee.

Hope that helped.