• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

When Ross Marquand joined The Walking Dead in its fifth season as Aaron, it was very much the Colorado native's big break in acting. At the time, The Walking Dead was closing in on a time where 17 million people would watch a single episode live. From there, Marquand would go on to appear briefly in other shows while maintaining his series regular role on AMC's zombie drama but would land a dream gig in 2018. Marquand appeared in Avengers: Infinity War as the Red Skull before reprising the part in Avengers: Endgame. While his future with Marvel is uncertain as the creatives gear up for their Phase 4, Marquand has another dream role in mind in that universe.

Of course, some might say Marquand played his Marvel card when he stepped into the role of Red Skull. That said, there have been other actors before him to take on multiple roles within the same Marvel Cinematic Universe, and his would be less noticeable considering the look of Red Skull and voice act he had to put on for the character. As for which role he would most like to land: Moon Knight.

"I've said for many years if I could play any Marvel character... I used to say Wolverine, but now, it's like, you know what? Hugh did such a good job with that," Marquand said. "Hugh Jackman's performance was damn near flawless, I think. So, I wouldn't even want to touch that. 'Cause people would just be comparing it. But, not a lot of people know Moon Knight. And, I grew up loving Moon Knight so much so, if I could play him or even just have an opportunity to audition for it, I would be the happiest guy in this town, for sure."

19 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

"I've said for many years if I could play any Marvel character... I used to say Wolverine, but now, it's like, you know what? Hugh did such a good job with that," Marquand said. "Hugh Jackman's performance was damn near flawless, I think. So, I wouldn't even want to touch that. 'Cause people would just be comparing it. But, not a lot of people know Moon Knight. And, I grew up loving Moon Knight so much so, if I could play him or even just have an opportunity to audition for it, I would be the happiest guy in this town, for sure."

(thumbsu

Exclusive: With casting underway for all Marvel Disney+ shows, I’ve learned a bit about what kind of actor they want for Moon Knight.

The studio is searching for a Jewish “Zac Efron-type” who is preferably of Israeli descent. Zac Efron was also Marvel’s top choice for Ikaris in ‘The Eternals’ before the role went to Richard Madden, so it comes as no surprise that he’s the ideal Moon Knight. Efron himself is also Jewish, so him landing the role is not out of the question. It makes sense that they want a Jewish actor for the role because in the comics Moon Knight (aka Marc Spector) is the son of a Rabbi.

Moon Knight is a vigilante with Dissociative Identity Disorder who was resurrected by and gained powers from the Egyptian god Knoshu.

Not only is Marvel Studios producing more and more shows, Marvel Television is also being pushed to the wayside, and I’ve heard that, in a few years, it won’t continue to operate the same way it has been. ‘Ms. Marvel’ is another series on Marvel Studios’ D+ slate, and sources close to the project have indicated that Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is mulling over rebooting a slew of particular characters to include in it, characters that received their own Marvel Television show a few years back that neither fans nor critics favored.