• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

Ethan Hawke has made his Marvel.

Making his comic book adaptation and super hero debut, Hawke has closed a deal to join Oscar Isaac in Moon Knight, Marvel Studios’ series for Disney+, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. 

Hawke will play the series’ lead villain.

Isaac is toplining the show featuring one of Marvel’s cult characters and that is aiming for a March production start in Budapest.

May Calamawy, who is perhaps best known for her work in Hulu's Ramy, is already on the roll call.

Moon Knight has had several incarnations over the decades since his debut in 1975, from being an ex-Marine-turned-mercenary with multiple alter egos to being a conduit to conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu, to most recently a dapper-dressed consultant. An aspect to the stories in the modern comics era has been tackling the mental illness of multiple personalities.

It is unclear who Hawke would play. Moon Knight's archnemesis is considered a villain named Bushman, a fellow mercenary who turned on the hero when Egyptian gold came into the picture.

Filming is about to begin on Moon Knight, bringing this fan-favorite comic character to life in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with a brand new Disney+ series starring Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke. After Hawke's comments about superhero films made it seem like he was not keen on the concept, fans were surprised to hear that Hawke had signed on to join the project as the latest Marvel Studios villain. But Hawke finally broke his silence about Moon Knight and revealed why he was willing to sign on, and it turns out that the chance to work with Isaac played a key part in his decision.

Hawke recently appeared on The Ringer's podcast The Watch where he talked about his participation in the Marvel series. When asked why he finally decided to join a superhero show with Moon Knight, he explained his reasoning for signing on.

"Well, it's where I'm at as an actor," said Hawke. "A lot of it, to be honest, I love the fact that Moon Knight is a lesser-known story and allows more creative freedom. The director is Mohammed Diab and he's a brilliant guy."

Hawke added that he had an opportunity to work with Diab on another project, and that he's a huge fan of the filmmaker. But it was the series star who really drew him in.

"A lot of it is Oscar, to me, to be honest with you," Hawke said. "I find him to be a very exciting player in my field. I like what he’s doing with his life. He reminds me of the actors, when I first arrived at New York, that I looked up to. Oscar’s younger than me, and I like the way he carries himself, and I like the way he thinks. And in general, good things happen when you’re in the room with people that you like the way they think, right?"

Kevin Feige confirmed that both Moon Knight and She-Hulk would begin production in the coming weeks. Marvel officially stepped into the streaming realm with the debut of WandaVision in January. That series quickly became a massive hit and has since concluded with an explosive finale that hints at both the upcoming Doctor Strange sequel and the Secret Invasion series. Until then, though, the studio has a few more shows on its plate.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier premieres in just over a week, and its six-episode run will lead directly into the release of Black Widow and Loki. Phase 4 is gearing up to have the MCU's most robust slate yet, and it seems like it's all just beginning. Both Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel are currently filming and slated for debuts later this year, but all eyes are on two other shows that are set to take the MCU in new and exciting directions.

:banana:

1 minute ago, bentbryan said:

Looks awesome! He definitely is showing some skills in that clip! THIS is the Marvel show that I’ve been waiting for. 

It is an entertainment crime what they did with him on X-Men: Apocalypse. So it is super to see him used with another great role.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It is an entertainment crime what they did with him on X-Men: Apocalypse. So it is super to see him used with another great role.

Wait, what?! I purposefully avoided XMA and didn’t bother getting too deep reading reviews. Wtf did they do to my boy?!  :pullhair:

+ or - what they did to Deadpool? 

6 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Wait, what?! I purposefully avoided XMA and didn’t bother getting too deep reading reviews. Wtf did they do to my boy?!  :pullhair:

+ or - what they did to Deadpool? 

X-Men: Apocalypse bombed so hard at the theaters, Fox pulled it 9 weeks early from its planned run. After all that super positive response to Days of Future Past.

The costume Bryan Singer turned down.

apocalypse_gif.0.gif.4f9ea6fc360644afc7949e77e69189f9.gif

apocalypse_gif_2.0.gif.939dbb453c51345932189d5c16d35e8a.gif

The mess we received.

apocalypse_gif_3.0.gif.ace9024817dad746eedca82d282b2de8.gif

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

X-Men: Apocalypse bombed so hard at the theaters, Fox pulled it 9 weeks early from its planned run. After all that super positive response to Days of Future Past.

The mess we received.

Yikes! I remember they pulled it early but 9 weeks?!? Holy Hell Nightmare Batman! I haven’t heard Singer’s name mentioned in awhile...🤔 I know he was in the bad spotlight for awhile but doing Moon Knight dirty on the big screen is good enough for banishment in my book! 

:sumo:

So thanks to some other eagle eyed MK fans, it seems that we might know now who will be playing BUSHMAN.

Oscar Isaac’s production company has been posting fight training videos, like this one, on instagram. What stuck out was that they tagged actor Loic Mabanza who has fight training but hasn't been named as being part of the production. Loic has recently also posted an instagram of him being in Hungary - the same location Moon Knight is being filmed (Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke were previously spotted in the same area). After posting this another confirmed actor from the show, May Calamaway, started to follow his account. The plot thicks! 

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 3/20/2021 at 7:08 PM, Bosco685 said:

The mess we received.

The costume wasnt the problem. Everything else, but the intro was.

Until now, it was believed that Hawke was the only villain in the series, but talent agency Hamilton Hoddell lists Ulliel as playing Anton Mogart AKA Midnight Man in Moon Knight. No other information is given about the role, including how many episodes he could be in. Marvel has yet to confirm Ulliel's appearance in the series.

Gaspard-Ulliel.jpg.d294562fa80a03d116f0b47321f6ef14.jpg