• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Zeck Artists Edition Remarque Edition - Now Available!

17 posts in this topic

I didn't see a message posted here about it, but it looks like IDW has finally released the long awaited remarque edition of Mike Zeck's Classic Marvel Stories Artists Edition. Mike spent a lot of time doing remarques that fans would appreciate - so you'll get your money's worth. There are four different designs (2 Punisher and 2 Cap).

Get your copy before they sell out (as I'm sure they will)

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/mike-zecks-classic-marvel-stories-artists-edition-hc-limited-signed-numbered-remarqued-edition/

Quick question for anyone in-the-know: there are 100 copies available, so did he repeat each of the drawings 25 times until he got to 100 total books? ...or are the images pictured just four random sample drawings from the batch?

I suppose you could always swap copies, maybe someone likes Cap more that the Punisher. Yes, I have already started heading for the hills in case ole Frank gets me. It's nice to see the Artist's editions back in the open, still no Ditko or Colan.

Re: still no ... Colan

I'd like to see Nathaniel Dusk in an AE. It probably wouldn't sell enough, but it's all Gene pencils. Beautiful work and MacGregor's story was excellent. Sigh...

Re: Ditko

That's just plain odd given that Spidey 1 exists and ASM 33 the conclusion of the best Spidey story evertold (IMO) seems to be fully available.

For those that want to get their Mike Zeck Artists Edition signed, Mike and John Beatty will be in Cincinnati this weekend and Mike, John, Bob McLeod (and myself) will all be in Baltimore next weekend. Would be great to get all those signatures in the book as they all worked on the art inside (except for me - I just helped compile it all).

For those that want to get their Mike Zeck Artists Edition signed, Mike and John Beatty will be in Cincinnati this weekend and Mike, John, Bob McLeod (and myself) will all be in Baltimore next weekend. Would be great to get all those signatures in the book as they all worked on the art inside (except for me - I just helped compile it all).

You scared me for a second. I thought the edition linked in this thread wasn't signed already. I had to go check. lol

Sorry - should have clarified - meant to say... if you want any of the "other editions signed." Yes, the Remarques are signed by Zeck twice (once with the sketch and one with his full signature). But, if you want to get the two inkers/collaborators represented in the book to sign your AE, these appearances would be a good time to do that.

10 hours ago, MIL0S said:

FYI, If anyone’s looking for a copy of the remarqued Zeck Artist Edition there’s one with a Cap profile currently on eBay.

Oddly enough, it seems you can still buy this great remarqued edition directly from IDW for the original price of $250.  But, it's luck of the draw which of the four different remarques you get inside.

https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/mike-zecks-classic-marvel-stories-artists-edition-hc-signed-numbered-remarqued-variant/