• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transactions with Greg /Chicks Comics *Shipping Updates*

63 posts in this topic

I did post yesterday within the condolences thread for Greg and just incase some may have missed it, I figured I would post here again.

Gregs death was very untimely and its a fact that he had several deals in the works, both books he bought and sold, what shipped and what did not, its clearly a matter of someone needing to tie up these ends. That's me. Gregs wife reached out to me and I told her that I would be able to help her with whatever she needs or wants to do in terms of Gregs books. I was also contacted by a board member here who asked if I knew how to help with a transaction. That lead to my posting yesterday. It appears that Greg has over a half dozen deals in the works and Gregs wife asked me to come over and work with her in getting these transactions wrapped up. I agreed and I promise you all that you can all count on me to follow through. So that being said, if you have an actual transaction such as you sent a paypal or sent a check, then my goal is to locate the right books and pack them well and ship them out. For those that owe Greg any funds, I will have info on where that should be sent. Please reach me through PM and I will as I said follow through each deal. For the simple matter of completing these transactions, I'm going to be Greg til everyone is cool.

Some have asked about a charity thread for Gregs wifes benefit and I did pass it by her and I briefly explained how we are here and how we could help her, so you could expect a sales thread as such.

As for Gregs books, I would imagine Greg would want a doosie of a sales thread, seems he was a bit challenged in that regard, so if the wife agrees, I think I I would do her a serious favor and get his book imaged and priced and have everything well organized before we begin. Obviously you'd all be paying her and I would be orchestrating. But this is something I need to talk more in depth with her about. She may have other plans, but she trusts in me a real lot right now.

So now I have heard for a few already and I hope to hear from some others that may have missed my post yesterday.

Nobody is getting beat. Nobody has to worry. I got this.

Chris

I have had no transactions with Greg but wanted to applaud you for taking the reigns in this matter. I'm sure the family and buyers/sellers are very grateful during this trying time.

Kudos to you Chris.

+1 (thumbs u

Thanks guys. You know at any given time we could have books getting pressed, books getting graded, books at auction, money due us from auctions and countless other deals and that's just comics. I was thinking how out of control these events can be when left to a loved one who may not have a clue about all the going ons. I truly am happy to make this happen for Greg. I think anyone of you if asked would obviously step up too. I honestly care about this community and never like to hear stories of deals gone bad. So I am looking out for those out on a limb as well. So far the list is under 10 transactions and that's going to be my first priority. Any updates I will post here.