• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fingh's Greatest SS Sales Thread of All Time

443 posts in this topic

For anyone lacking patience, read the first paragraph of Fingh's first post in this thread. All is revealed. Just sayin.

Great stuff.

That first post was so long ago I am shocked the internet even existed for the post to appear. :whee:

The Showcase Murphy Anderson book is no longer available. I can't let it go right now, now that he is gone. The Atom book is still available on same terms as listed.

Good for you.

I went to my first estate sale today. Told the 2 women I was looking for comics. They said that one of the gentlemen on their street was "one of the three guys who created Superman" but that the ambulance was at his home the other night. She hoped he was okay. It took me a minute to realize what she was saying to me, and I asked his name and she replied "Anderson". I had to let her know that he had passed. She was very sad and said much of what has been said here, that he was a gracious and personable gentleman, a truly nice guy.

Anyway...sorry to derail but it seemed the right place to tell the story.

The Showcase Murphy Anderson book is no longer available. I can't let it go right now, now that he is gone. The Atom book is still available on same terms as listed.

Good for you.

I went to my first estate sale today. Told the 2 women I was looking for comics. They said that one of the gentlemen on their street was "one of the three guys who created Superman" but that the ambulance was at his home the other night. She hoped he was okay. It took me a minute to realize what she was saying to me, and I asked his name and she replied "Anderson". I had to let her know that he had passed. She was very sad and said much of what has been said here, that he was a gracious and personable gentleman, a truly nice guy.

Anyway...sorry to derail but it seemed the right place to tell the story.

That's no derail. What a story. Thanks for sharing.