• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OBSCURE DC'S! - Post 'em if you love 'em!
5 5

395 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2022 at 4:36 PM, zzutak said:

Today's installment of "Trivia You Didn't Know You Needed" ( :insane: ):  Mayer's model was an Electrolux Model 30 canister-type vacuum.  Memories ......  :luhv:

Electrolux.jpg.0cdd567eac7d15c843238065c26328a0.jpg

We had one of those! What a beast and it could pull out tree stumps it was so powerful, And I guess woman then had muscles (men didn’t vacuum in those days) because lifting it to go upstairs was no easy chore as that’s all metal construction!

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

On 10/4/2022 at 8:22 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

We had one of those! What a beast and it could pull out tree stumps it was so powerful, And I guess woman then had muscles (men didn’t vacuum in those days) because lifting it to go upstairs was no easy chore as that’s all metal construction!

It was very powerful and sold door to door by salesman who liked to demonstrate that.  In my younger years, I talked to a wise old man who had been visited by a rep who showed the suction was so strong that he could pick up a bowling ball.  The old man told him that he was impressed, but that, if his bowling ball was in the middle of the living room, he'd just pick it up and put it in the closet.

On 10/7/2022 at 5:12 AM, ThothAmon said:

Made for this thread. Silver age start date should be re-written as this guy graced the newsstands some 11 months before Showcase 4. 

image.jpeg

Clearly the editorial group who came up with this concept had just finished a three or possibly four Martini lunch!