• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Deal you ever got on ebay

68 posts in this topic

When I was heavy into Vintage Star Wars I bought a POTF Carded Lando General. When the seller emailed me asking if I wanted a second one they sent a picture of 15 more. I bought all 16 for 200. I sold them for around 80 each.

A Frazetta statue. Had a pretty low opening bid (about 50% of the going price) and no bids on the last day. Not that unusual and usually a flurry at the end. This one was ending in the middle of the night. I thought what the hell and bid the minimum. Woke up and no one else put a bid on. Very surprised. A few sold the next week for more than double that price.

About three years ago I bought a Justice League #28 and #29 for $125. Only they weren't Justice League comics they were Brave and the Bold! I missed picking up a Showcase #22 and #23 from the same seller by scant seconds.

Both the Brave and the Bolds are about in 3.5 to 4.0 condition, but I've been meaning to get them pressed for a couple of years now and submitting them. :)

About three years ago I bought a Justice League #28 and #29 for $125. Only they weren't Justice League comics they were Brave and the Bold! I missed picking up a Showcase #22 and #23 from the same seller by scant seconds.

Both the Brave and the Bolds are about in 3.5 to 4.0 condition, but I've been meaning to get them pressed for a couple of years now and submitting them. :)

Now THAT'S nice! (worship)

:ohnoez: how the....?

By the way, isn't this when all the ASM 667-678 1:50 collectors brag about their $1500 books for a $50 investment.

I can verify that veracity of a story like that.

I am someone who sold that book in a lot of variants for something like that before anyone really knew what it was. Throughout the years, the only book I truly liked that was included in that lot was the Alex Ross Dynamic Forces Goblin variant. That book I actually liked the cover to. Either way, there were about ten variants in the lot if I remember. The buyer made out quite well.

Recently I bought about 6 boxes of random comics from what a guy said was a storage unit find. Most averaged mid-grade with a lot of yellowing. However, in the middle of the stack was BA #12, around VF condition. I didn't own a copy already so it was a score. I've since recouped about 75% of the initial price by selling the random comics in organized lots. So the BA #12 cost me about $25-30. I was pretty thrilled!

By the way, isn't this when all the ASM 667-678 1:50 collectors brag about their $1500 books for a $50 investment.

No. There were only about 10 copies of each printed and they never sell on eBay because they're so rare.

:shy:

Not a comic book, but I love the Micronauts toys, as can be seen in some pictures that I have posted. I bought a box of a lot of pieces that I won in auction for $50. The box was huge and about half what I have pictured was in there. There was an Acroyear, large Biotron, almost another full Battle Cruiser, a bunch more pieces of the Micropolis - Mega City, Mobile Exploration Lab, Microtron, Microrail City, and a bunch of incomplete vehilces.

A bit sappy but it was my Uncle who got me into comics when I was a kid. He gave me 3 comics No's 20 and 22 The Haunt of Fear, and a Weird Science Fantasy No.23 that we pretty worn but solid. Then when I was about 18 I started collecting Spawn comics, and a lot of Marvel stuff since then.

I'm 38 now collecting mostly Deadpool issues but those 3 comics were free, and are not worth more than a few dollars today, but they are priceless to me so that would be my best deal ever... As far as ebay I got a NM Lady Deadpool 1 for 3 bucks just recently.

Best deal I ever got off eBay was a raw copy of Tales Of Suspense # 39. at 50% off Overstreet guide.......about 15 years ago.

The dealer was Steve Sibra (IIRC), he had it graded as VF.

I subbed it to CGC around 10 years ago and it came back as a 7.0.It was a sharp book, just had a couple of production creases.

I screwed the pooch, royally though.

I sold that book, along with another TOS 39 (a CGC 3.0, which I bought raw at a show around the same time as I bought the copy off eBay) along with 2 other books worth $50 or less a piece off my wall to Al Stolz of Basement Comics at a show in Philly *right before* the first Iron Man movie for a grand total of $2300.

He flipped the 2 copies of TOS 39 quickly on eBay,for close to 400% of what I sold the 4 comics to him for.What is worse is that I didn't need the money at the time and I knew that an Iron Man movie was about to be released.

To this day, whenever I see anything involving Iron Man and a Marvel movie, I feel like punching a hole in a wall.

Duh.

A few years back (probably 6-7) there was a low, low ebay seller...2 feedbacks I think. He had a copy of ASM #129, the picture was blurry and not much of a description....looked about a 6.0 or so. Starting bid was $100. He would only accept money orders, the whole thing looked a little sketchy to me at the time but I bid within the last hour. I was looking for a ASM #129 at the time so I had my fingers crossed. I won, no one else bid. After three weeks of waiting and worrying the comic came and it looked great! I was really impressed. A couple months later I sent it to CGC and it came back a 8.5 with white pages. I eventually needed some cash and had to sell it, it sold for $375. I think that was my best ebay deal!

Now I will go back and read the thread from the begining.......

Although I don't collect high value comics, I got a decent deal on two lots I bid on. Each lot was 13 comics and came to a total of £18. So 69p per comic, and in there were a couple of 1:100 variants that people have been trying to sell for upwards of £30. I was pretty happy with that.

A few years ago a Fantastic Four 1, for $600. Not a lot of pics, sellers wasn't even sure if it was complete, so I took a gamble. Came back Blue label 1.0, and I flipped it to a friend.

Best one though was last year, Batman #4 & #5 for $200 total. They were listed in the wrong category, with no Golden Age mention in title, from a Pawn Shop in West Virgina. I just happened to stumble across them. Ended up flipping them for a lot more. Kinda wish I had kept them, but the flip was too good.