• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC 6.5 ...What do you guys think?

37 posts in this topic

The guy sounds kinda grumpy.... crazy.gif

I think the differance in scans could be attributed to something as simple as the DVD was scanned and the book is from a digital camera.... wink.gif

Did you see his response?

"ATTENTION hey i dont have time for games and non paying bidders when i need this money.I can prove without no doubts this is no FRAUD!!! real deal.So all comic book nerds out there that are mad because i actually own a CGC 6.5 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN needs to step off.If you think it's a fraud then dont bid...i could care less cause i dont wanna really get rid of it anyway and it's your loss.I have the numbers on the case and all.This isn't exactly JESUS'S CUP HE DRANK OUT OF HERE,IT'S JUST A COMIC BOOK.So if this was a scam i'd certainly sell something bigger and better but comic book nerds that sit on here all day waitting for a chance to bash my auction step off.I'm not goin to jail over fraud and spider-man...I can anwser any and all questions just email me"

If this isn't a scam then just the friggin numbers. Geeze it was more effort to type that garbage then to post the retort.

-Jeremy-

I like this comment from his grumpy add-on remarks....

This isn't exactly JESUS'S CUP HE DRANK OUT OF HERE,IT'S JUST A COMIC BOOK. ... blush.gif

Some people may actually argue that point with him.... smirk.gif

Is there any chance this is the reprint issue? My eyes aren't good enough to read that blurry of a scan? If this is legit this is about a $3,500 book give or take. I'd be wary. For this much money the guy could scan it at Kinko's or buy a scanner.

Apparently, it is not the reprint issue, because i can see a price on the book, and apparently this guy do not have a zoom with his camera grin.gif ... How can he sell a book like that with such ugly pictures ???

the auction is still pretty new - how long have people waited for the serial number email reply? i say give the guy some time - the auction is only 14 HOURS OLD!!

i think we may be jumping to a certain conclusion a bit too quickly on this guy. confused.gif

i think we may be jumping to a certain conclusion a bit too quickly on this guy

never mind that for a second and answer this....what's in the freakin' bucket???

I don't know guys...the seller has been on ebay for almost a year, has received feedback from selling items over $50-100-200 in the last month, and his name and address are listed right there in the auction listing (Payment Instructions - Christopher Boyer 124 N.Western Ave. Springfield,Ohio 45504)?? Should be interesting to see if this ends up being a succesful transaction!

I don't mind giving people the benefit of the doubt, but on an expensive item no way. First this person has a good scan of the DVD then has POS pics of the comic? Give me a freaking break

This guy has plenty of time to cancel bids and add to his item description, but doesn't have the time to email me with a serial #. I hope some insufficiently_thoughtful_person wins this thing. I'm going to stop posting this [!@#%^&^] so people can find out the hard way. Tired of this nonsense

I'm going to stop posting this [!@#%^&^] so people can find out the hard way. Tired of this nonsense

Yeesh...your almost beginning to sound as grumpy as the scammer your slammin'..

Ricky...we all know you are more capable than most at ferreting out these scam jobs...it's just that sometimes it's hard for some people to believe that someone who on the outside looks upstanding could denegrate themselves to perpatrate a scam on this level...

You've proven yourself plenty of times on these forums and although I can't speak for anybody but me , I have to think that we would feel a great loss if you were to throw us to the wolves without you'r unique vigilante capabilities...

Keep up the good work... wink.gif