• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC 6.5 ...What do you guys think?

37 posts in this topic

Dude, chill. Keep doing what you're doing and ignore the detractors. Just ignore them. And if they really start [!@#%^&^] with you then we'll hand em' their nuts.

You have busted so many scammers that even if you were wrong once in a while I wouldn't hold it against you. I think most active members on this board feel the same way.

"Here is his IP for your enjoyment

152.163.225.98"

It appears our friend here uses AOL that passes through servers in VA but that is far as I can tell, all other traces time out.

His address information in the auction does not match who owns a phone. The person who lives at the address he listed is a caucasion 53 year old male:

Jones, Roy E

124 N Western Ave

Springfield, OH 45504

(937) 322-7176

The guy who is running the auction is in Springfield Ohio, has a middle initial that is L, caucasion, unmarried and 20 years old. This is obviously some kid who is living with a parent or step parent and does not own a phone.

He claims in his auction that he has sold ASM before but has no feedback for it nor does it show in any of his selling history nor bidding history.

All this with the fact he cannot spell or type, I'd say this is a scam or a stolen comic ( he never sold anything worth this much.) Once again Rickdogg is right, it appears on surface to be an auction to stay away from.

Tom

Ouch! I guess there are several lessons to be learned here - the first is Rickdogg might want to rename himself Snoopdogg for his ability to snoop out the scammers, and the second is don't disagree with him or you'll get yelled at! crazy.gif

Sorry about losing it there frown.gif I just can't stand it when these people scam people. After going through all of the trouble of dealing with these people and receiving "hate" emails from them....the last thing I need to hear is someone moaning and groaning about giving trash the benefit of the doubt when it is bright as day that the auction being run is a scam.

No problem...as we've discussed before, I too abhor the scammers for what they are, and just as much for ruining it for the good guys. mad.gif