• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion of Super-Heroes #298 - 1st appearance of Amethyst
1 1

42 posts in this topic

Hey there :3

We still don't exactly know a great deal of the films which DC has planned after Green Lantern is released in 2020, or many others that could potentially be introduced between 2016 and the 2020; but I was recently thinking what if they plan to add Amethyst and Gemworld into the mix within the DC Extended Universe?

The element of Homomagi has yet to be touched upon; and bringing such a character could compliment any Legion of Super-Heroes' adaption within the future, especially with Mordru; not to mention coupled with Books of Magic, could be a way for Warner Bros. to bring the magic back, after JK Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them comes to an end.

But what do you think?

Would Legion of Super-Heroes #298 be a comic to keep on one's radar? It's 33 years old and presently can be obtained had a rather ridiculous price and god knows what would occur if Amethyst is revealed as a potential adaption.

Yay or nay?

Many thanks ^_^

We still don't exactly know a great deal of the films which DC has planned after Green Lantern is released in 2020, or many others that could potentially be introduced between 2016 and the 2020; but I was recently thinking what if they plan to add Amethyst and Gemworld into the mix within the DC Extended Universe?

The element of Homomagi has yet to be touched upon; and bringing such a character could compliment any Legion of Super-Heroes' adaption within the future, especially with Mordru; not to mention coupled with Books of Magic, could be a way for Warner Bros. to bring the magic back, after JK Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them comes to an end.

But what do you think?

Would Legion of Super-Heroes #298 be a comic to keep on one's radar? It's 33 years old and presently can be obtained had a rather ridiculous price and god knows what would occur if Amethyst is revealed as a potential adaption.

Yay or nay?

Many thanks ^_^

I you like Amethyst, buy 'em... and then send me the second best copy you have ;) However I doubt this character will take off in a big way nor be introduced into the DC movies. They've already introduced Enchantress and something tells me she won't feature as prominently as rumoured. I don't see magic users being a big thing in the DCEU and if they were, Zatanna would be the obvious choice.

That said, if they're cheap, why not take a chance? They'll either stay in your collection or you'll make a few quid. Win/Win if you ask me :) Oh and still send me a copy :grin:

But what do you think?

Yay or nay?

Many thanks ^_^

I you like Amethyst, buy 'em... and then send me the second best copy you have ;) However I doubt this character will take off in a big way nor be introduced into the DC movies. They've already introduced Enchantress and something tells me she won't feature as prominently as rumoured. I don't see magic users being a big thing in the DCEU and if they were, Zatanna would be the obvious choice.

That said, if they're cheap, why not take a chance? They'll either stay in your collection or you'll make a few quid. Win/Win if you ask me :) Oh and still send me a copy :grin:

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but I would be curious if your answer would be similar if someone asked you about Rocket Racoon a few years back.

But what do you think?

Yay or nay?

Many thanks ^_^

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but I would be curious if your answer would be similar if someone asked you about Rocket Racoon a few years back.

lol

That's a good point! Being a DC guy, a few years ago I would've said "who's Rocket Racoon?" ;)

I don't get that gut feeling for Amethyst. I'm not a fan ranking characters in order of importance, however it would be fair to say she isn't one of the more popular DC characters and her New 52 title "Sword of Sorcery" was cancelled after issue #8. It would be a bit of a gamble to introduce her into the DCEU.

Having said that, I wouldn't complain if they did (thumbs u

Nothing surprises me anymore. Rocket Raccoon? Squirrel Girl???

Seems like you have to take everything seriously these days. Any character has the potential to blow up

Arak, Son of Thunder is going to be huge, too -- start stockpiling those VG/F copies of Warlord #48 NOW!!!

Remember: EVERY silly, derivative character EVER created is the NEXT BIG THING in comics!!!

Bad is good. Good is bad. Up is down. Tomorrow is today.

Gigli is Lawrence of Arabia! Heaven's Gate is The Godfather! Toe cheese is spun gold!

It's all true if we want it to be! Whoopee, we're all gonna get rich!!!

Settle down, Beavis.

Amethyst is a cool character with potential. I don't have any faith in DC as far as actually developing that potential, but it's there.

If she does become popular, I expect the rare price variant for Amethyst #1 will be the hottest ticket item. But there's no reason not to get her first appearance now while it's cheap.

The speculation on every minor BA "first appearance" will reach its limit at some point.

I don't follow DC too much , except that I turned a $3 Shazam #28 into $525 sale a year later.

Is Amethyst not at the fringe of the speculation bubble? I thought I cashed at the peak with the Shazam but maybe not :insane:

The speculation on every minor BA "first appearance" will reach its limit at some point.

I don't follow DC too much , except that I turned a $3 Shazam #28 into $525 sale a year later.

Is Amethyst not at the fringe of the speculation bubble? I thought I cashed at the peak with the Shazam but maybe not :insane:

Don't under estimate the Power of Shazam... ;)

I hope all those people who bought or will buy high grade slabbed Shazam 28s at the peak really enjoy owning them because they'll never see a return on that "investment" if they hold on to them after the movie

:preach:

They should have bought 10 Spawn #1's.