• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for Greg Cicchetti aka ChicksCosmiComics AKA VW Clobberin Th

829 posts in this topic

I'll take the rest of Dorothy's books @ 20% off. (thumbs u

My hero :blush:

Aren't you wonderful . . . . . I can't say enough good things about this experience. You are all truly amazing. You have an incredible community here at the Collector's Society.

:foryou: These boards are a great place. :)

I didn't know Greg but I like other big guys who like comics! (thumbs u

It will be an honor to add some of his former books to my collection, and I want to offer up another contribution here.

[font:Comic Sans MS]SkOw's Lot of 16 TPB: Reverse Auction.... Current BIN: $100 $90 $80 $75 $70 $65[/font]

Shipping is on me via Media Mail (since these are trades) and 100% to of the BIN will be to Dorothy. I am going to do this Reverse Auction style, starting with a price of 100 bucks which is just over HALF of sticker price for the lot, and then dropping periodically.

Most of these are read once or unread and in great shape, so don't wait too long. The Amazing Spider-man Essential volume 1 and Superman Emperor Joker both have recent sales on the bay at over 20 bucks each..... :baiting:

Books Included:

Amazing Spider-man Essential volume 1

Fantastic Four Essential volume 1

Death of Superman

Superman Our Worlds at War Book One

Superman Our Worlds at War Book Two

Superman Emperor Joker

Shogun of Steel

JLA Vs. Predator

JLA Created Equal

JLA World Without Grown-Ups

World's Finest Three Book One

World's Finest Three Book Two

DC Marvel Crossover Classics 2

DC Marvel Crossover Classics 4

Human Torch: Burn

Tales from the Crypt No. 2

IMG_3319_zpsxx1emu92.jpg

Price Drop to 65! :whee:

Someone grab these, please. What a deal!

It will be an honor to add some of his former books to my collection, and I want to offer up another contribution here.

[font:Comic Sans MS]SkOw's Lot of 16 TPB: Reverse Auction.... Current BIN: $100 $90 $80 $75 $70 $65[/font]

Shipping is on me via Media Mail (since these are trades) and 100% to of the BIN will be to Dorothy. I am going to do this Reverse Auction style, starting with a price of 100 bucks which is just over HALF of sticker price for the lot, and then dropping periodically.

Most of these are read once or unread and in great shape, so don't wait too long. The Amazing Spider-man Essential volume 1 and Superman Emperor Joker both have recent sales on the bay at over 20 bucks each..... :baiting:

Books Included:

Death of Superman

Superman Emperor Joker

Shogun of Steel

JLA Vs. Predator

JLA Created Equal

IMG_3319_zpsxx1emu92.jpg

I haven't had time to shop, lol:takeit:

I should be up to date with invoices and verifications. If you are missing an invoice, (I do have to do one for myself now;) or a verification, please send me a PM, or bump the pm invoice thread you were sent.

We currently have over $19,000 in PayPal and we are still missing some payments.

Fantastic Job EVERYONE...but the real Kudos go to Junkdrawer who is our own Superman...mailing all those packages...

and of course Dorothy, who is obviously a person with a lot of class.

It's nice to have you here Dorothy, I hope you will stick around.

Books Included:

Death of Superman

Superman Emperor Joker

Shogun of Steel

JLA Vs. Predator

JLA Created Equal

IMG_3319_zpsxx1emu92.jpg

I haven't had time to shop, lol:takeit:

Girls like comics??? Errr ... I mean...... ^^

Scooby Doo #1 has been removed for the sale. Dorothy has ultimately decided to hang onto it.

Greg was a huge Scooby Doo fan. I can't part with it right now. Too painful.

D

..... smart move, D......... it will only continue to mean more to you as time goes on. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I should be up to date with invoices and verifications. If you are missing an invoice, (I do have to do one for myself now;) or a verification, please send me a PM, or bump the pm invoice thread you were sent.

We currently have over $19,000 in PayPal and we are still missing some payments.

Fantastic Job EVERYONE...but the real Kudos go to Junkdrawer who is our own Superman...mailing all those packages...

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Running these types of threads is time consuming and exhausting at times.

:golfclap: Kudos to Junkdrawer, skypinkblu, comicartfan, ckb and jaybuck43. :golfclap:

How about an instant Dave Stevens collection for the cause? Here's a total of 32 books with Dave Stevens front covers, back covers or Rocketeer stories in them. These aren't 9.6/9.8 copies but they are mostly nice 9.0/9.4 copies. Let's say $160 for the whole lot which averages out to $5 per book. I'll cover shipping in the USA and will only ship international if you're willing to cover the shipping cost minus say $10.00. Paypal your payment directly to Dorothy. (thumbs u

IMG_20150929_130208479_zpszkvirnmu.jpg

IMG_20150929_130452998_zpsktdy1ipu.jpg

How about $140 for the whole lot? Lots of great Dave Stevens covers here!

Amazing stuff. You and your elves have done wonders.

:golfclap: Kudos to Junkdrawer, skypinkblu, comicartfan, ckb and jaybuck43. :golfclap:

:golfclap:

: :golfclap:

:golfclap::golfclap:

Is this wrapping up?

Not sure but you deserve a :applause: for the superhero effort in this thread too. I agree with thanking Junk, Shar, etc. above. They were superhero/heroine too, but just wanted to give extra recognition for a simply awesome way to help another boardie's family.

:golfclap: (thumbs u (worship)

May I present to you for the first time ever...

The Featured Item Bundle!

Very simple concept. I'm going to state a price for the bundle and the first item listed will be the "Featured Item". I will periodically add more to the bundle and the price will remain the same. This bundle will be shipped in a Medium Flat Rate Box. Shipping is included in the U.S. and maybe worldwide we'll have to see what the cost is as it's on my dime. All funds raised with this bundled package will go directly to Dorothy Cicchetti.

Alright, it goes without saying, Greg was an awesome guy and he told me a few times how he always found my sales thread at the very least a little entertaining so in that spirit let's get started and hopefully I can keep you guys eating more :popcorn: than you already are. God bless Greg and Dorothy and while I'm saddened by the loss of such a nice guy, I'm honored to have the opportunity to contribute to this effort.

Price $6,000 $5,900 $5,800 $5,500 $5,000

Featured Item-I give you The Incredible Hulk 181 Near Mint condition very improvable with a press and dry clean. This book has the Marvel Value Stamp AND the Mark Jeweler's Insert. Books with the Jeweler's Insert traditionally command a 15% premium over the ones without. The only defect I see not improvable with a press is in the upper right front cover, otherwise a very stunning book.

Hulk%20181%20Front_zpsr3nvrqul.jpg

Hulk%20181%20Back_zps9i4jpexb.jpg

And now's the time to do the first Add-ON

AntManFront_zpsba12gxhe.jpg

AntManBack_zps1ahwm6iv.jpg

And now Add-On Two Three & Four

Star%20Wars%201%20A_zpskxprh8cb.jpg

Star%20Wars%201%20B_zps7d315mo1.jpg

DD111_zpszln0cmhq.jpg

Add-On Number Five

Sinestro_zps0qjqz6ex.jpg

Add-On Number Six Because What's a Cosmic Thread Without a Cosmic Book!

Inhumans_zps3sjgpntt.jpg

These next ones are added because Greg seemed to really like these three books judging by the sales thread. First Cletus Kasady and First Carnage appearances.

Add-On Number Seven

asm345_zpsqmr5ag1v.jpg

Add-On Number Eight

asm361_zpsojdeftpi.jpg

Add-On Number Nine

asm362_zpswkkshb9r.jpg

Add-On Number Ten

asm363_zpsgy1vv6de.jpg

Add-On Number Eleven

asm252_zpss8uo5s35.jpg

Add-On Number Twelve

nm21_zpsrjgqtdkq.jpg

Add-On Number Thirteen

asm300_zpsfrlcor7a.jpg

Add-On Number Fourteen & Maybe The last one

sw107_zpszibvwsgv.jpg

:takeit: at $5,000

^^

Wow, didn't see this. Wish I could afford to donate that much cash. :applause:

Scooby Doo #1 has been removed for the sale. Dorothy has ultimately decided to hang onto it.

Greg was a huge Scooby Doo fan. I can't part with it right now. Too painful.

D

..... smart move, D......... it will only continue to mean more to you as time goes on. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thank you, jimbo :)

Hello Everyone, It looks like things are winding down in this incredible charity thread you all put together. I wanted to thank everyone involved, the generous members who bought books from me and Greg and the other members on the board; skypinkblu (a.k.a. Sharon) for handling everything and the thousands of details that went along with it and her partners in crime (cbk) and Junkdrawer. Im sure there were many others, but I'm afraid to look too far back into the thread to collect all the other names, I'm afraid I'll lose my place here.

I have to tell you, when the E.R. doctor sat me down to tell me that my husband was killed in a car accident, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Greg meant the absolute world to me. I would rush home from work because I just couldn't wait to see him. I work 12 hour shifts and sometimes it seems like an eternity.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!! I know Greg will find some comfort knowing that you all had his back and took good care of me when he couldn't. You have all done me a huge favor in running this charity and I will never forget it. You saved me.

Just one more thing before I close, please remember to hug and kiss your wives, husbands, lovers, significant others and children. You just never know when they will be taken from you.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12009761_10206403695402687_1545668515496537613_n.jpg?oh=4e512a6bca36518a40713fda78f2501f&oe=56909023

Here is a picture of Greg and me on the happiest day of our lives together. Now you can put faces with names. I think it's going to come out as a link.

Godspeed.

Love,

Greg and Dorothy

May I present to you for the first time ever...

The Featured Item Bundle!

Very simple concept. I'm going to state a price for the bundle and the first item listed will be the "Featured Item". I will periodically add more to the bundle and the price will remain the same. This bundle will be shipped in a Medium Flat Rate Box. Shipping is included in the U.S. and maybe worldwide we'll have to see what the cost is as it's on my dime. All funds raised with this bundled package will go directly to Dorothy Cicchetti.

Alright, it goes without saying, Greg was an awesome guy and he told me a few times how he always found my sales thread at the very least a little entertaining so in that spirit let's get started and hopefully I can keep you guys eating more :popcorn: than you already are. God bless Greg and Dorothy and while I'm saddened by the loss of such a nice guy, I'm honored to have the opportunity to contribute to this effort.

Price $6,000 $5,900 $5,800 $5,500 $5,000

Featured Item-I give you The Incredible Hulk 181 Near Mint condition very improvable with a press and dry clean. This book has the Marvel Value Stamp AND the Mark Jeweler's Insert. Books with the Jeweler's Insert traditionally command a 15% premium over the ones without. The only defect I see not improvable with a press is in the upper right front cover, otherwise a very stunning book.

Hulk%20181%20Front_zpsr3nvrqul.jpg

Hulk%20181%20Back_zps9i4jpexb.jpg

And now's the time to do the first Add-ON

AntManFront_zpsba12gxhe.jpg

AntManBack_zps1ahwm6iv.jpg

And now Add-On Two Three & Four

Star%20Wars%201%20A_zpskxprh8cb.jpg

Star%20Wars%201%20B_zps7d315mo1.jpg

DD111_zpszln0cmhq.jpg

Add-On Number Five

Sinestro_zps0qjqz6ex.jpg

Add-On Number Six Because What's a Cosmic Thread Without a Cosmic Book!

Inhumans_zps3sjgpntt.jpg

These next ones are added because Greg seemed to really like these three books judging by the sales thread. First Cletus Kasady and First Carnage appearances.

Add-On Number Seven

asm345_zpsqmr5ag1v.jpg

Add-On Number Eight

asm361_zpsojdeftpi.jpg

Add-On Number Nine

asm362_zpswkkshb9r.jpg

Add-On Number Ten

asm363_zpsgy1vv6de.jpg

Add-On Number Eleven

asm252_zpss8uo5s35.jpg

Add-On Number Twelve

nm21_zpsrjgqtdkq.jpg

Add-On Number Thirteen

asm300_zpsfrlcor7a.jpg

Add-On Number Fourteen & Maybe The last one

sw107_zpszibvwsgv.jpg

:takeit: at $5,000

^^

Wow, didn't see this. Wish I could afford to donate that much cash. :applause:

Just to be clear, is this a $5k donation and a further donation of the proceeds from selling these books? That's pretty amazing.

Hello Everyone, It looks like things are winding down in this incredible charity thread you all put together. I wanted to thank everyone involved, the generous members who bought books from me and Greg and the other members on the board; skypinkblu (a.k.a. Sharon) for handling everything and the thousands of details that went along with it and her partners in crime (cbk) and Junkdrawer. Im sure there were many others, but I'm afraid to look too far back into the thread to collect all the other names, I'm afraid I'll lose my place here.

I have to tell you, when the E.R. doctor sat me down to tell me that my husband was killed in a car accident, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Greg meant the absolute world to me. I would rush home from work because I just couldn't wait to see him. I work 12 hour shifts and sometimes it seems like an eternity.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!! I know Greg will find some comfort knowing that you all had his back and took good care of me when he couldn't. You have all done me a huge favor in running this charity and I will never forget it. You saved me.

Just one more thing before I close, please remember to hug and kiss your wives, husbands, lovers, significant others and children. You just never know when they will be taken from you.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12009761_10206403695402687_1545668515496537613_n.jpg?oh=4e512a6bca36518a40713fda78f2501f&oe=56909023

Here is a picture of Greg and me on the happiest day of our lives together. Now you can put faces with names. I think it's going to come out as a link.

Godspeed.

Love,

Greg and Dorothy

:golfclap: to all involved