• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for Greg Cicchetti aka ChicksCosmiComics AKA VW Clobberin Th

829 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, It looks like things are winding down in this incredible charity thread you all put together. I wanted to thank everyone involved, the generous members who bought books from me and Greg and the other members on the board; skypinkblu (a.k.a. Sharon) for handling everything and the thousands of details that went along with it and her partners in crime (cbk) and Junkdrawer. Im sure there were many others, but I'm afraid to look too far back into the thread to collect all the other names, I'm afraid I'll lose my place here.

I have to tell you, when the E.R. doctor sat me down to tell me that my husband was killed in a car accident, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Greg meant the absolute world to me. I would rush home from work because I just couldn't wait to see him. I work 12 hour shifts and sometimes it seems like an eternity.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!! I know Greg will find some comfort knowing that you all had his back and took good care of me when he couldn't. You have all done me a huge favor in running this charity and I will never forget it. You saved me.

Just one more thing before I close, please remember to hug and kiss your wives, husbands, lovers, significant others and children. You just never know when they will be taken from you.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12009761_10206403695402687_1545668515496537613_n.jpg?oh=4e512a6bca36518a40713fda78f2501f&oe=56909023

Here is a picture of Greg and me on the happiest day of our lives together. Now you can put faces with names. I think it's going to come out as a link.

Godspeed.

Love,

Greg and Dorothy

That's a lovely picture Dorothy, thanks so much for sharing, it's been nice to meet you, but I'm so sorry that your terrible loss was what caused you to come here.

The other people helping were comicartfan,Larryw7 and w very new member who volunteered Pedro1974.5.

We were all happy to help, but I know that none of us, could have done the packing and listing that Junkdrawer took care of. He's simply amazing.

These are always a group effort, they are impossible without the forum members joining in. If we didn't have such wonderful caring people buying and donating, I'd be sitting and staring at an empty spreadsheet.

So, as always it's the forum together that accomplishes what none of us alone could do. (worship)

the balance is now $24k + a little, I expect the total to be about $27k by the time all the donations are paid.

Please do drop by and say hi if you can. :foryou:

Sharon

Hello Everyone, It looks like things are winding down in this incredible charity thread you all put together. I wanted to thank everyone involved, the generous members who bought books from me and Greg and the other members on the board; skypinkblu (a.k.a. Sharon) for handling everything and the thousands of details that went along with it and her partners in crime (cbk) and Junkdrawer. Im sure there were many others, but I'm afraid to look too far back into the thread to collect all the other names, I'm afraid I'll lose my place here.

I have to tell you, when the E.R. doctor sat me down to tell me that my husband was killed in a car accident, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Greg meant the absolute world to me. I would rush home from work because I just couldn't wait to see him. I work 12 hour shifts and sometimes it seems like an eternity.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!! I know Greg will find some comfort knowing that you all had his back and took good care of me when he couldn't. You have all done me a huge favor in running this charity and I will never forget it. You saved me.

Just one more thing before I close, please remember to hug and kiss your wives, husbands, lovers, significant others and children. You just never know when they will be taken from you.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12009761_10206403695402687_1545668515496537613_n.jpg?oh=4e512a6bca36518a40713fda78f2501f&oe=56909023

Here is a picture of Greg and me on the happiest day of our lives together. Now you can put faces with names. I think it's going to come out as a link.

Godspeed.

Love,

Greg and Dorothy

Thank you for letting us do what we could. You'll always be welcome here as that goes without saying.

Thank you for sharing the photo, Dorothy. I met Greg at Boston Comic Con and thought he was a really friendly, funny and easy to talk to guy. I actually took the photo in the first post of this thread. :)

He will surely be missed. :foryou:

Godspeed.

Love,

Greg and Dorothy

That's a lovely picture Dorothy, thanks so much for sharing, it's been nice to meet you, but I'm so sorry that your terrible loss was what caused you to come here.

The other people helping were comicartfan,Larryw7 and w very new member who volunteered Pedro1974.5.

We were all happy to help, but I know that none of us, could have done the packing and listing that Junkdrawer took care of. He's simply amazing.

These are always a group effort, they are impossible without the forum members joining in. If we didn't have such wonderful caring people buying and donating, I'd be sitting and staring at an empty spreadsheet.

So, as always it's the forum together that accomplishes what none of us alone could do. (worship)

the balance is now $24k + a little, I expect the total to be about $27k by the time all the donations are paid.

Sharon

You guys are awesome (worship)

Godspeed.

Love,

Greg and Dorothy

I just wish you the best in the world, to you and your loved ones...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful and significant picture.

Thank you for the community and everyone directly and indirectly linked to such special project. It's been truly an honor to give my humble help and meet fellow boardins.

Sharon and JD :foryou:

God bless you gang.

respectfully

Pedro

How about an instant Dave Stevens collection for the cause? Here's a total of 32 books with Dave Stevens front covers, back covers or Rocketeer stories in them. These aren't 9.6/9.8 copies but they are mostly nice 9.0/9.4 copies. Let's say $160 for the whole lot which averages out to $5 per book. I'll cover shipping in the USA and will only ship international if you're willing to cover the shipping cost minus say $10.00. Paypal your payment directly to Dorothy. (thumbs u

IMG_20150929_130208479_zpszkvirnmu.jpg

IMG_20150929_130452998_zpsktdy1ipu.jpg

How about $140 for the whole lot? Lots of great Dave Stevens covers here!

I refuse to keep these and want to do something to help. First $100 to Dorothy takes them!

Just an update on shipping of Greg's books. Every one who paid that has a US address has been shipped. 2 paid last night and they will ship today. I have all the international books all packed up and today I am focusing on getting them labeled and they will all ship today. Anything I dont get out today will go out tomorrow and That's a wrap.

Just an update on shipping of Greg's books. Every one who paid that has a US address has been shipped. 2 paid last night and they will ship today. I have all the international books all packed up and today I am focusing on getting them labeled and they will all ship today. Anything I dont get out today will go out tomorrow and That's a wrap.

Many Thks bro

Another 10% PRICE REDUCTION $50 $45 $40 paid to Dorothy - Media Mail shipping included to US only

I had a couple of purchases from Greg and he was a good man. My sincere condolences to the family.

My small contribution:

The Art of Jack Kirby - large, beautiful softcover book. front cover looks VF/NM but ding on upper back cover

Jack Kirby's Secret City Saga in about NM condition

0 Silver cover

1-4

DSCN0268_zps07y2tpng.jpg

DSCN0284_zpsdejbwyfv.jpg

th_DSCN0273_zps58ofrn0b.jpg

th_DSCN0278_zpsfgqp6yri.jpg

Another 10% PRICE REDUCTION $50 $45 $40 paid to Dorothy - Media Mail shipping included to US only

I had a couple of purchases from Greg and he was a good man. My sincere condolences to the family.

My small contribution:

The Art of Jack Kirby - large, beautiful softcover book. front cover looks VF/NM but ding on upper back cover

Jack Kirby's Secret City Saga in about NM condition

0 Silver cover

1-4

:takeit:

Godspeed.

Love,

Greg and Dorothy

Thank you for letting us do what we could. You'll always be welcome here as that goes without saying.

Thank you very much. I am honored.

Godspeed.

Love,

Greg and Dorothy

Sharon

Thank you Larryw7, comicartfan, and Pedro1974.5. . . . . You make a great team.

:applause:

Everyone here is just awesome. Take care, Dorothy - it's been said before, but I just wanted to say it myself: Greg will be missed.

:applause:

Everyone here is just awesome. Take care, Dorothy - it's been said before, but I just wanted to say it myself: Greg will be missed.

+1

I spoke via PMs to Greg a few times, he was always a pleasure to deal with. As many have said he will be missed and again our prayers/condolences.